Biggest Loser Week 5

Options
A new topic for a new week.. (I know a day late lol)
Let's keep our food goals.. 8 glasses of water and 5 servings of fruits/veggies since I know some of us (including myself) had trouble reaching these. and Only eat out once!

For the fitness part.. 25 push ups, 25 crunches, 10 lunges for each leg if possible (sore knees dont worry about it!)

Half hour of cardio daily(anything from walking, to running, to a class at the gym, swimming) SImilar to last weeks challenge but this doesnt have to be outside.

Anything else anyone wants to suggest?

Replies

• NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Cool glad to see we are back up and running I am motivated!!! Thanks for getting us started again!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Today I got in my 25 crunches and push ups plus the 10 lunges each leg I got my fruit and veggies in and my 12 cups of H20 I did Insanity plyo cardio circuit its 41 mins hope that takes the place of the cardio!!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Tues - 10 glasses of water, 4 fruits and veggies! soooo close to reaching 5 25 push ups, 20 lunges, 25 crunches, 20 min wii active workout and a 35 min run/walk
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry I haven't checked in. I've been SUPER busy at work and DH has been off work for the last 5 days with a bad knee so I've been busy at home.
    MON:
    I can't remember :laugh:
    But I'm sure not good.

Tues:
    0 pushups/0 crunches/50 lunges/ 1hr aqua class
    2 f/v
    10 h2o
    ate out
    stayed within calorie range.

I did lose 1 lb last week. I'm not a fast looser but it is a loss. 15 since I joined MFP :drinker:
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Hi everyone! What a new week!!!! I'm committed to logging everything that goes in the old mouth over here!!!! That has been my biggest downfall.

Talk to everyone soon!
    Ann
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Good evening ladies

Today I got in 5 veggies 25 pushups and 100 crunches 10 lunges and no extra cardio I did P90X shoulders and arms. H20 was great!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,
    I'm way,way tired of summer!! I really wish I could covince DH we can relocate to a cooler climate at our age. He's afaid we won't find jobs. I know he's right but I really hate the heat. Sorry enough venting..:embarassed:

Remember -Failure is not falling down...It's not getting up. Have a great day.:bigsmile:

Wed:
    25 pushups/0crunches/0lunges /no agua class
    9 h2o
    ate out
    2 f/v
    went over calories by 244cal

Thurs:
    25 pushups/25 crunches/plan on agua class tonight and will do lunges before class
    6 h2o
    no plans to eat out
    ? f/v
    on track for calories as of now:laugh:
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Havent had the greatest week eating wise.. no eating out. But had a really bad evening wednesday which was FULL of snacking.. have managed to exercise Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Have gotten my full 8 glasses or more each day of water. Missed the push ups/crunches/lunges yesterday but I will make up for it today by doing double today.

Someone kicked me in soccer on Sunday so Ive got a nasty bruise on my right ankle which is making it painful.

I need the motivation to loose this weight... very frustrating. I was super super motivated when I first began this 2 months ago - and now I am slowly slacking!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    sundinsgurl: A slip up is no reason to give up...forgive yourself and start new.
    I'm dang sure no expert but I do know that you can never give up. See how great you did making up for the missed exercise.

:flowerforyou: You will do this.
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words.. I'm definetely not giving up, but its a very easy thing to do!!

I went for a half hour rollerblade.. hoping to get in a game of tennis with a friend later if she wants to.

Will get to my lunges, crunches, push ups right now!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hang in there sundinsgurl your doing an awesome job with a large variety of workouts keep it up the weight will keep coming off!!!

This week has been off key with my new routine so I will get back to it on Monday I plan on doing the challeng stuff on Sunday.Tomm is my second 5K not promising to get it done today or tomm not wanting to do much so I can try to beat out my first time!!! My water fruits and veggies have been good today was not as good as the rest of the week!!

My goal is to be in the 150's on July 1st still pushing hard to meet that goal!!

Hope everyone have a great weekend!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I did not complete my 5K this morning I plan on making it up by doing a 3 mile jog this evening!! I plan on getting in my challenge workouts as well!!
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Did good on Friday Challenge wise - did 25 push ups, 20 lunges, and 25 crunches. drank tons of water.. 30 min rollerbldae... than drank that night! stupid!!

Saturday was driving home for the day/night - didnt get to the challenge at all.. ate at a chinese buffet...but didnt drink any booze at all

Sunday - played my first game of baseball with a team (lost but stil fun) than played a soccer game. Great exercise! but than the b.f ordered pizza for dinner - oh boy!

Overall not a great wekend.. another week is here for another challenge
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I'm right there with you this weekend was just awful did not go and do the challenge workouts like I planned on doing and I can't say that I am back on track today I am hoping I will be tomm for sure!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Hello
    Looks like the weekend is one to just put behind us and move on. I had a very bad food and exercise weekend also.
    I was on plan yesterday and even had 500 calories left. :bigsmile:
    If Dh is home I just have no control, I eat mindlessly. I'm so bad when we go out to eat I preplan what I know I should eat then. Like a dummy I sit there and ask him what he going to have and then just say "oh that sounds good to me. I'll have the same...What a drone.
    Enough of that!
    Any ideas for week 6, Maybe add some free weight work for our arms???
    It's raining here and much cooler. It suppose to just reach the low 90's...WOOHOO.
    Later..Have a good day!:flowerforyou:
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Managed to get the eating under control yesterday - only 4 calories over :) had more than 8 glasses of water, 30 min rollerblade, 3 serv f/v, no eat out
    T
    uesday - 50 mins of tennis, 10 lunges each leg, 25 push ups, 50 crunches, at 8 glasses of water and its only 3:30 pm. Have my dinner and evening snack planned out and it looks like I will be just under calories for the day! Maybe I'll be able to get in the challenge exercises I didnt do yesterday.

I am down for adding in some free weight workout for our arms, I believe my roomate has a pair of free weights upstairs. What about everyone else? I think its very important to add something new each week so it challenges our body and changes up our routine.

These are some I found: http://www.essortment.com/family/bodysculptwom_szxp.htm

Biceps Curls

You can either stand with feet shoulder-width apart or sit down on a bench in an upright position. With dumbbells that are at least five pounds each (you can increase the weight as your arms become stronger), hold one in each hand. Let your arms hang to your sides and hold the dumbbells using an underhand grip, palms should be facing forward. Bending at the elbows and keeping your elbows close to your sides, curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders. Make sure that you are using slow and smooth movements; in other words do not jerk the dumbbells up or let your arms drop down to your sides quickly. Always control the movements.

Hammer Curls

While the biceps curls
    work only the biceps muscles, the hammer curls work both the biceps and the forearms (brachioradialis muscles). Again grab a dumbbell in each hand and let your arms hang to your sides. This time, however, grab the dumbbells in an overhand grip, palms facing inward. Alternating sides, curl one arm up in front of your body, keeping your palms facing inward.

Triceps Dips

With your back to a sturdy bench or chair, keep your legs outstretched, your arms straight and your hands facing forward on the bench or chair. Slowly lower yourself down in front of the bench or chair by bending your elbows until your arms are parallel to the floor. Slowly and smoothly bring yourself up to the starting position with your arms straight. If you want an easier variation of this exercise, you do not have to have your legs stretched out but rather bent at the knee with your feet flat on the floor.

Triceps Extension

Sitting upright on a bench with your back straight, hold one or two dumbbells directly over your head (you may want to start with a single five pound dumbbell) using both of your hands. Your hands should form a triangle over your head. Slowly and carefully lower your forearms behind your upper arms forming a ninety degree angle behind your head. Slowly bring your forearms up to the starting position.

Maybe pick two of them and add it to our workout? or should we do all four? I know it says on the website that you should do these plus push ups 3 times a week. What is everyone elses thoughts

For each exercise we should do around 3 sets of 10-15?

Start my new job tomorrow! Very excited for that, but hope that I can still manage to get my exercise in being back to work.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Sundinsgurl: Good luck with your new job.
    Thank you for the info.

cnbethea: We are just moving on from our set backs..Lets go:laugh:

mon:
    50 pushups/0 crunches/50lunges/60min aqua class
    10 h2o
    3 f/v :embarassed:
    ate out (1 taco bell soft chicken taco fresco) No I did not count the lettuce and pico as 2 of my 3 f/v
  • sundinsgurl
    Options
    Great first day on the job :)

tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada because it is Canada Day. Than the program I work for isnt running this Friday so I have a 4 day weekend!! Happy for lots of relaxing time.. but not so nice because we will be drinking a lot. I know we are tonight for a friends surprise party.. for sure Friday night because its the b,.f's sisters bday so we are goin out to celebrate and Saturday and Sunday we are most likely going camping. a fun filled weekend

I did my 25 push ups for the day, 25 crunches and 20 lunges. Havent done the arm workout yet - not sure what we decided on? all 4 of those exercises everyday? or only 3 times in a week?
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    sundinsgurl glad you enjoyed your first day of work!!!

I got in my 5 veggies today did 25 push ups and lunges and I did p90x workout so that was my incorporation of weights!! Water was great but I did eat out :-(!!
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    Great first day on the job :)

tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada because it is Canada Day. Than the program I work for isnt running this Friday so I have a 4 day weekend!! Happy for lots of relaxing time.. but not so nice because we will be drinking a lot. I know we are tonight for a friends surprise party.. for sure Friday night because its the b,.f's sisters bday so we are goin out to celebrate and Saturday and Sunday we are most likely going camping. a fun filled weekend

I did my 25 push ups for the day, 25 crunches and 20 lunges. Havent done the arm workout yet - not sure what we decided on? all 4 of those exercises everyday? or only 3 times in a week?

Congratulations!!!! Glad you had a nice first day and am already getting days off!!! ;) Have a great week-end!