How did YOU find out

Options
2»

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    OMG! I was in kindergarten and this loud, fat man came into our class and freaked me out. The teacher had to call my mom and have her take me home. :o (in case it's not obvious, we didn't celebrate Christmas)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't remember a moment, I think logic took over.

My 7 year old is going through the same thing now. You can see it in his face that he is putting things together. Oh well, it's a fantasy that is very magical when you're a kid. A little sad to see the magic come to an end.

However I won't miss having to hide that stupid *kitten* elf on a shelf. Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick!!!!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    I was 4: I caught my mom putting presents under the tree. The pragmatist in me took over because I realized it didn't matter since I was still getting presents
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I never believed that Santa Clause was real, as in currently exists because 1st I'd have to believe that a person, could live that long & the Guinness Book Of World Records, never indicated; that it was Santa Clause but I did wish, that the Care Bears; were real. Even though I always just knew, that they weren't either because I never had seen animated people and/or animals walking around, that weren't on television; besides costumes & Halloween ensured, that I'd always know it was a costume because I wore costumes also.

Drop some acid, I guarantee you the Care Bears are real.
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Yeah I kind of always knew.. My mum never hid our presents from us, they were always put under the tree once they were wrapped.. also she would ask us what we wanted so it was pretty obvious! There was no damage done or anything it was just they way it was. If i ever did 'believe' i don't remember it.
  • number33x
    number33x Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My mom and dad took me to a mall santa and I told him I didn't want a specific Nintendo game. I ended up getting it. I asked my mom and she said "*kitten*, I thought he said you WANTED that game."
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My dad came home drunk and said " son ... Santa isn't real, niether is the easter bunny... and by the way we're selling the dog" that was a great Christmas....
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Tomm88 wrote: »
    My dad came home drunk and said " son ... Santa isn't real, niether is the easter bunny... and by the way we're selling the dog" that was a great Christmas....

Not too far from the truth here.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    I don't remember a moment, I think logic took over.

My 7 year old is going through the same thing now. You can see it in his face that he is putting things together. Oh well, it's a fantasy that is very magical when you're a kid. A little sad to see the magic come to an end.

However I won't miss having to hide that stupid *kitten* elf on a shelf. Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick!!!!

It is sad to see some of that magic go away. I get to see it again with my grandkids. I figure I'm pretty lucky.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    @MisterRok wrote: »
    WHAT?!

^ This

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    I was a nosy child. One day when my mom took a shower I raced into her room and looked under the bed, in the closet and in drawers, found it all. Then at dinner I announced it all proud and smug. Friends had been telling me it was fake and she swore Santa was real so I was happy to blab.
  • FunFattie
    FunFattie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Santa and the Tooth Fairy had the same handwriting .....
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    OMG Santa isn't real?!?!?!?