High protein breakfast (30g+) No Powder?

Options
Any ideas? I have made this oatmeal with 40g and 500 calories so I am looking for something like that.

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast burrito with a low carb & higher protein tortilla, scrambled egg, turkey chorizo, cheese, and WFoods version of tater tots. 400 cals and 28 or 29 grams of protein. A little more if you add some avo slices with your salsa or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    If you're a dude with a higher calorie allotment you could also eat 1 1/2 burritos for more protein...
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    That's about 10 grams over. Keep meals to about 20 grams max of protein. Up to 58% of consumed Protein converts to sugar. Sugar converts to fat. :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    A packet (10) of Heck Chicken Italia sausages.

360 calories, 64g of protein.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Ham omelette
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I have turkey sausage, 2 egg whites, 2 servings of egg beaters, 1 egg, all scrambled with spinach, kale, and mushrooms.
    332 calories
    13 grams carbs
    10 grams fat
    58 grams protein
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I generally have: 2 eggs, 4 egg whites, onions, peppers, shredded cheese (1 serving), 1 ham steak and salsa cooked in EVOO with a side of bacon. It's about 60g of protein.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cheese burger with a pickle. Skip the bun unless the calories fit into your day. :)
    About 40 grams of protein and you can make it the night before to re-heat in the a.m.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My breakfasts are typically 75- 125 grams of protein everyday a bit more this am 1700 calories..lol..
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning:

Overnight oats
    1/2 cup Fairlife 2% milk
    40 grams Quaker old fashioned oats
    6 grams dark brown sugar
    70 grams Food Club frozen raspberries
    268 cals, 45C/5F/7P

2 boiled eggs (large)
    140 cals, 0C/10F/12P

1/2 cup Fairlife 2% milk + coffee
    note: I don't count coffee calories but that was about 20 ounces of coffee
    60 cals, 3C/2F/7P

Total: 468 cals, 48C/17F/32P

• BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Tip from a Vegan (though maybe interesting for folks who want less fat & more micro nutrients)...

My SO makes me a protein smoothie now and then that exceeds 40g protein, using a combination of: oatmeal, frozen blueberries, frozen cherries, spinach, cacao powder, flaxseed, frozen banana, and freshly ground chia seeds and hemp seeds (seeds freshly ground in the coffee grinder).

It tastes like the most awesome filling chocolate smoothie ever! It's also quite thick when he makes it.

I believe the high protein bits are the oatmeal, flaxseeds and the hemp seeds - if you store the seeds whole, then coffee grind as you need them, you get all these wonderful oils that are good for you. If you pre-grind, the oils dry out so the protein from the hemp isn't as well absorbed (or so I'm told).
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs