Naturally Slim

Options
Is anyone working this "Naturally Slim" program? My wife had a physician suggest it to her and we started it this week. I guess it's not a program but rather a shift in habits. Just looking for any comments or opinions....
SaltyNovice

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Is the from the Naturally Slim foundation? That is all I could find when I googled it. If that is the case it looks like you are paying $400 to be told to eat at a calorie deficit and get support. Both of which you can do for free here.

Mind blown!
  • SaltyNovice
    SaltyNovice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think that's it. Doing some research - looking for any information on it. Anyone? Successes? Problems?
  • SaltyNovice
    Options
    Bump for evening crowd
  • SaltyNovice
    Options
    Thanks so much for your reply... I have lost weight several times in my life but have also not been able to "stay with it" for long periods of time. Also my wife has had lots of trouble losing and keeping motivated. She came up with this program from her doctor and I'm more than happy to give it a try for her and myself. Just finished two weeks and have lost 10 lbs. But as was mentioned above - this is the first time I've lost weight and not felt deprived or hungry. We will see where it takes us. My wife has done even better than me. And yes seeing the little note everyday about your not eating enough is concerning from what I've been taught all my life about losing weight. Life continues...
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Here's a helpful tip:

Look for a weight loss study at a research university in your area. I'm in Pittsburgh, so I have the University of Pittsburgh. You will get probably the same weight loss tips and tricks as a program you have to pay for at no cost, you will get the support, you will have the supervision of medical professionals and in some studies, like mine, they PAY you.

You have to qualify to get in, but it isn't hard.

I'm 18 months in and this seriously has helped me for the better. We started out with weekly group interventions and weigh ins, I actually looked forward to them. Slowly, they wean you off the weekly constant support (the lesson being that YOU have to be accountable for YOUR actions) Some people succeed, some people don't. MyFitnessPal has actually been a BIG help to me: I made a few friends on here and in real life with the same goal in mind: to get healthy.

Always remember: this is a lifestyle change. You have to be committed. And you shouldn't have to pay someone to help you see that.
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Anything works if you're dedicated to it. If a program works it is more a reflection of you than it is of the program.

Counting calories is proven to work, but no it's not a perfect system.

The best thing I've learned from my fitness pal is to be more aware of what I'm putting into my body. I'm in control of my weight loss.

If you think something will work for you by all means try it. But for me I'd always choose the method that doesn't cost any money.
  • MOEMOEONTHERADIO
    MOEMOEONTHERADIO Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was curious to see if anyone on here had heard of Naturally Slim. My employer has offered us this program for free and I have to say it seems much more realistic than any diet I have ever tried. I have had minor success with just calorie counting and exercise but it never lasts. This program isn't a diet and it isn't calorie counting. Its essentially reteaching yourself how and when to eat but its seriously cut back my over eating. I know its been almost 3 years since anyone has posted on this but I wanted to comment in case anyone else is currently (or previously) gone through this program. By no means is this easy but its made me so aware of what bad eating habits I have and provided me with the knowledge to correct them.
  • brielleboulanger13
    brielleboulanger13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    And for the love of Jebus: IGNORE WHATEVER DR. OZ TELLS YOU TO DO.

That man is the devil.

Hahahaha!!!!!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I was curious to see if anyone on here had heard of Naturally Slim. My employer has offered us this program for free and I have to say it seems much more realistic than any diet I have ever tried. I have had minor success with just calorie counting and exercise but it never lasts. This program isn't a diet and it isn't calorie counting. Its essentially reteaching yourself how and when to eat but its seriously cut back my over eating. I know its been almost 3 years since anyone has posted on this but I wanted to comment in case anyone else is currently (or previously) gone through this program. By no means is this easy but its made me so aware of what bad eating habits I have and provided me with the knowledge to correct them.

3 year old post. Why did you bring it up?
  • dmuraira
    dmuraira Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started the Naturally Slim program 2 weeks ago and have seen great results in such a short time. I plateaued about 6 months ago with no weight loss and staying in the 1200 calorie range. I have finally budged the scales 5 lbs. My husband a diabetic who's glucose level has been on a roller coaster ride for 3 years between 150-270 has kept a steady glucose level between 111-115 in just the two weeks he has been on it along with 5 lbs weight loss. We have so much more energy in just two weeks and have been walking. I am excited to see what the future holds during this Naturally Slim Journey. I have only gotten the deficit calorie warning once since. I find that it doesn't show up when you gain daily calories for exercising. I think as long as you feel good and not deprived go for it.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    just realised this si a zombie thread
  • FourLeefKlover
    FourLeefKlover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm sure many people found this thread the same way I did: by Googling "Naturally Slim". As others have stated, this program is being offered through my employer/health insurance, so interested in learning what others have to say about it. Thanks for the info!
  • wolfefan
    wolfefan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Exactly right, Four LeeKlover. My employer is offering the program, I did a google search for reviews, and here I am.
  • raspuller
    raspuller Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My employer had it as a offering which was tied to insurance premiums reductions. I tried it but found it to be a little silly. It was a long time ago but I think it was based on a premise of a 16:8 fast schedule and something about adding a tablespoon of OJ to water every morning. In any event, the video lectures or whatever that was on the weekly learning portal were terrible and boring and I gave up after a couple of weeks.
  • Jenngrammer
    Jenngrammer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband is doing the NS program with his work and I’m watching the videos with him. I really like some of the principles, like learning to be attuned to when you are satisfied. Where the program seems to really differ is waiting until you reach a certain level of hunger before you eat. My questions are-What effect does that have on one’s metabolism? How does a normal working person with a schedule do the program successfully?
  • leahdp68
    leahdp68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do naturally thin. My husband got it from work. He lost a lot of weight and inches so I thought I would give it a try. I really like it and I have lost 18 lbs in a month eating the foods I want. Food lost power over me this way and I am not obsessed by what I can’t have. At my job I am able to eat lunch when I want so that isn’t a problem.