Bloating

Options
I need tips on bloating. I need a flat tummy. Im always bloated mostly by my lower area especially during that time of the month. I need tips on how to not be bloated like what foods to stay away from and what foods are best. Also the best drinks besides water unless that is the only option. I heard of kale drinks and love them but not sure if that helps. Thanks

Replies

• erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Avoid salty foods and maybe incorporate green tea or dandelion tea. That's all I got.

What kind of exercising and lifting do you do
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Try digestive enzymes or digestive bitters. There can be many different reasons for bloating. You have to look at everything you eat and pay attention to how you feel.
  • amberskc718
    amberskc718 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Stay away from salty foods and carbs. I add lemon and cucumber to my water for bloating.
  • GemFromJannah
    GemFromJannah Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Drink Senna tea once a week. And cut out wheat!!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Do not drink senna tea once a week. Senna is a very strong laxative which is only needed if you are very constipated. Also you can easily become dependent on laxatives which is not a pleasant experience
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Non-Soluble fiber.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Avoid carbonated beverages...Limit gas producing foods (broccoli, beans, cabbage)...Avoid salty foods like processed meats and packaged foods...Limit sugar alcohols (check gum)....Don't overdo fiber during that time... Avoid large meals (makes stomach puffy).... Eat protein at every meal (avoid pancakes/ waffles)...
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    When I feel bloated, I drink a ton of water before bed (you could add lemon slices for taste) and the next morning I wake up feeling so much better.
  • TheHousevt
    TheHousevt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What I find to really help (I'm constantly struggling with this too) is eating very simple foods, getting rid of rich and complex sauces, acidic foods, smothered things, breaded foods, etc. Grilled chicken, brown rice, steamed veg for example. Digestive enzymes and probiotics help too after a while.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    You may be sensitive to something in your diet. I used to be pretty much continuously bloated and constipated and thought that that must have just been the way I was made before I figured out that I'm lactose and gluten intolerant. I cut both of those out of my diet and now supplement with probiotics and digestive enzymes to keep my gut happy, and I never have problems with bloating or constipation anymore unless I get my hands on something I'm not supposed to or over eat.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    It could just be the volume of food in your gut. Bulky food like bread and pasta and large quantities of veg will take up more room in your colon- untill you go to the loo.