Here goes everything!

Options
BunnyBomb
BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
edited December 2015 in Getting Started
Greetings

I had put a really long post but it deleted everything I wrote after I hit post. Not a good start...

Oh well. I'm here. I have a disability. I need to lose 30lbs. This will be tough! I've lost 6.6lbs already in 6 days. I stuck to all the exercise guidance and calories, so go me! Happy with my start.

Here goes everything!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I also have a disability and I have lost 33.6 lbs so far with 20-30 lbs to go. Just remember some weeks won't be as nice as six lbs some weeks won't be nice at all but, you can't quit. You can do what needs to be done you just have to keep going. Don't let bad days turn into bad a week turn into a bad month turn into a bad year turn into a bad life. Sometimes you will slip but, you gotta remember one day didn't get you here all the other days did. You can do this .
  • BiondaM
    BiondaM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good on ya Bunny! That's a lot of weight in an short period of time, so don't be shy about slowing down to a more consistent pace. Nice & slow is the way to go. I'm looking for new friends so feel free to add me.

You're a wise girl Sunshine!
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for the reply and kind words :)

You're so right. It's all about managing those bad days, and not letting them take hold. They 'will' happen, so some days the walking may not be possible, at least as much as I want. But at this point I'm confident in my determination. On the upside I think it makes me more disciplined in other areas like food, so I know I won't slip and chew through a bag of carbs or something.

I'm in control of what I can be and will work as hard as I can around the bits I'm not in control of... if any of this makes sense it will be a minor miracle :)

• Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you ever want to talk, remember we're all here for you....good days and bad days :)