Leaving cookies for Santa?

Options
13»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    @elphie754 Also a creepy elf watches our children for about 2 months and then he goes away.

We never had the creepy elf when I was growing up, and I don't have little minions yet so no creepy elf here.
    @kkenseth lol We do an angry Santa in our house. He rules. He is dirty, mean and unapologetic if you are out of line.

Sounds a bit like Krampus.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    He may sound like Krampus but he is dressed like Santa. Dirty to say the least.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    @elphie754 Also a creepy elf watches our children for about 2 months and then he goes away.

Yeah, I'm never having one of those things. The facial expression is too Chucky for my taste.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    This was never a tradition I grew up with, but my husband did. We are going to make homemade gingerbread dudes. I always figured I didn't want to raise my kid believing in Santa, but whatever. She's a week from being 3 and she's excited. I will try a gingerbread cookie, but we will leave a note for our daughter saying that she was such a good girl, that Santa left the rest of the cookies to bring to Christmas dinner. We will be giving the reindeer's carrots to the dog, lol.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Wow..

There is no WAY i'd let my children miss out because of my food plans.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean everyone is. Yeah, Santa may be a little on the hefty side. And maybe he could stand to lose a pound or two. But who are you to judge someone else's journey. Maybe he's happy with his body. And maybe you could be a little more supportive of someone who has done nothing but bring cheer to billions.

LMAO!!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    We put them out and I toss them every year.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    sjohnny wrote: »
    Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean everyone is. Yeah, Santa may be a little on the hefty side. And maybe he could stand to lose a pound or two. But who are you to judge someone else's journey. Maybe he's happy with his body. And maybe you could be a little more supportive of someone who has done nothing but bring cheer to billions.

LMAO!!

Fat shaming Santa!!!!!!

We leave cookies for Santa and magic food for the reindeer.

1/2 cup porridge oats
    1 tsp edible red glitter
    1 tsp edible green glitter

4650.jpg-20150309014522~q75,dx720y432u1r1gg,c--.jpg

I lost my mother of the year card the year we forgot to eat the cookies.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    When I was growing up, we always left a ham sandwich and a beer for Santa because my Dad said he might be sick of cookies.

My son is 15 now and knows the truth, but we still put cookies and eggnog out. And I indulge him by taking a bite of the cookies and a sip of the nog (if you don't believe you won't receive...).

That being said, there's no reason you couldn't swap out the cookies for something that you would prefer to snack on at midnight (and that fits in your macros).
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Wow..

There is no WAY i'd let my children miss out because of my food plans.

^^
    Yes. I initially thought this was a joke.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    We always left out a mince pie and a glass of whiskey. A tradition my dad was probably very happy with
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    We put them out and I toss them every year.

That's a bit rude :/ poor Santa.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am fascinated by this beer and whiskey business. Santa might not have desecrated Christmas by muttering obscenities while putting together Barbi's Dream House had I left spirits for him!
  • capturethememories
    Options
    If I had kids and left cookies, I don't think my diet would influence leaving cookies out. Worst comes to Worst and you just throw them out when the kids go to bed.

I don't think the way you eat should change your life that much that you'd skip leaving cookies out...

I agree! I have kids and we talked about leaving cookies and adding veggies for the deer too! So I'll munch the carrots and celery and throw away the cookies!