favorite homemade salad dressing?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
Besides oil and vinegar?

I usually just go with straight apple cider vinegar or a 50/50 mix of acv and stone ground mustard.

I do NOT like the taste of olive oil...so i prefer mustard or mayo based dressings.

whats your go to recipe?

Replies

• Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I love balsamic, olive oil and garlic.

But if you don't like olive oil, another easy one is fresh lime juice, a little honey, canola (or vegetable oil) and a little salt. I also add garlic sometimes. Whisk really well to thicken it.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Miso sesame oil and vinegar and a little honey or sugar
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Honey mustard vinegerrette. 2 tbsp Dijon mustard - 2 tbsp honey - 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Whisk in oil (around 3/4 cup) to taste. 1 tsp salt.
  • mimi__123
    mimi__123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite is cashews garlic lemon salt and black pepper blended with water , it tastea just like garlic mayo dressing
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1 c oil, 1/2 c white vinegar, 3 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 c sugar. Delish.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Home made Ranch with fresh herbs or ranch made with the Hidden Valley packet, low fat buttermilk, and mayo.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yogurt-based dressings are also good, if you like yogurt. Something like tzatziki, for example: Yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper, salt.

Another good option is a tahini dressing: Tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water to the right consistency, salt.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    http://www.simplyscratch.com/2010/11/my-big-fat-greek-dressing.html
    Totally delicious!
    I'm totally ok with using full fat dressings but I do measure my portion (1 tablespoon/serving)
    Btw...I'm sure you can change the oil if you like. I'm not a fan of extra virgin olive oil but I don't mind regular olive oil so I use that usually.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Avocado, nutritional yeast, water and some garlic powder.....our favorite! You can skip nutritional yeast if you don't have it and it's still yummy! Add whatever spices you like.

another is cashews, carrot juice mixed together in a blender....yummy!

one we made the other day was pomegranate juice simmered down to intensify flavor and then mixed with some pomegranate jelly that a friend gave us. Wow, this was so good on a kale mixed veggie salad.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Pretty much all I use now.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    tahini + smoked paprika + lemon juice + salt + water to thin. Obsessed with it. It's not low calorie, though, because tahini, though a gift from the gods, has a high fat-content.