Christmas celebrations and a lot of calories

Options
Well the next few days will be a real test! I have been a very good boy, (as far as watching what I eat). It will be difficult to partake of all the wonderful foods and log them. I usually know exactly what calories are in what I eat because I prepare them. It will be a real guessing game with rich foods prepared by others.
Hopefully it won't take too long to undo the damage. J.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your resolution.
    I will share a wonderful Christmas eve dinner with my family and I will log it. My expectation is that it will be around 2500-3000 calories since it will be prepared by others and I can not properly measure.
    Christmas Day will be back to my nutrition plan
    Happy Holidays
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to make or or break my success. I plan on enjoying the time with the family, enjoying the food and drink, and not bother logging.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    jswigart wrote: »
    Well the next few days will be a real test! I have been a very good boy, (as far as watching what I eat). It will be difficult to partake of all the wonderful foods and log them. I usually know exactly what calories are in what I eat because I prepare them. It will be a real guessing game with rich foods prepared by others.
    Hopefully it won't take too long to undo the damage. J.

One day out of 365 won't make much of a dent in the scheme of things. Right?
  • jswigart
    jswigart Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's my hope. :-)
  • jswigart
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    One day isn't going to make or or break my success. I plan on enjoying the time with the family, enjoying the food and drink, and not bother logging.

Good Plan!
  • jswigart
    Options
    Congratulations on your resolution.
    I will share a wonderful Christmas eve dinner with my family and I will log it. My expectation is that it will be around 2500-3000 calories since it will be prepared by others and I can not properly measure.
    Christmas Day will be back to my nutrition plan
    Happy Holidays

Sounds like a plan!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

Pretty much this. A few days is a drop in the bucket.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat very tiny servings of food others prepare. And I'm not going to eat any mashed potatoes, bread, stuffing or dinner rolls. Only protein and vegetables. And maybe some sweet potatoes. I plan on logging and saving room for a tiny bit of dessert. I know I can't be perfect so I'll log an extra 500 calories for the heck of it. And still attempt to stay under my goal. I will probably eat very small meals or not eat at all before having a dinner at someone else's house.

I will enter all my recipes and log all the food I make. And even save room for a tiny bit of the treats I make.
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on being good for the rest of the day outside of the actual Christmas dinner. It's Christmas! Time to enjoy yourself.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I've been eating less all week just so I can eat more on Christmas and I have room for error.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat less all week, but I can't, I don't have that willpower, ha ha! I'm going to try to just maintain, or at least stay in a teensy deficit on average throughout the week. Seeing me be like 500 calories over in one day gives me a heart attack, but I found that if I move things around to be at least 250 Sun-Sat that I can maintain or stay in a tiny deficit.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for 13 months now. If I don't let myself enjoy traditions and treats occasionally, I'd go insane. But, of course, after the family gatherings its back to my normal routines.