I Ate Too Much

Options
Today I went over my calories by alost 700, should I still eat if I'm hungry? I had no idea that my lunch had that many calories/carbs/fat! Should I have a small snack now for dinner, or just not eat at all?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you went out for lunch?

It happens.

Go ahead and eat dinner if you're hungry, skip it if you're not. Go for lean protein & veggies if you have them.

At worst, you've eaten a little over maintenance today. Not the end of the world.

Tomorrow will be better :)

~Lyssa
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Have a giant salad with low-calorie dressing.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    A glass of skim milk will have protein and keep you from getting too hungry if you decide to "starve" tonight.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    If I go out to lunch or there's an event at work (we had a Christmas potluck yesterday), I just eat a salad for supper. Most of the time, I'm not that hungry at night if I've already max'd out my calories for the day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it, eat a lighter dinner, and move on
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    As mentioned above. Eat a smaller meal for dinner. Not eating anything might cause you to become over hungry the next morning.
  • guess_whox
    guess_whox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    don't starve yourself to try too make up for the excess. You'll probably end up being super hungry and eating worse. Your next meal should be healthier, focus on protein and veggies as everyone's mentioned. You'll eat more some days and less the others. Don't dwell on it, but if you want you have a longer work.