What are you/family making for Christmas dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve, homemade tourtiere, which is a French-Canadian meat pie. I had bought one at a specialty shop a couple days ago, but it wasn't as good as the one I make. I have all the ingredients, and it's easy if people are coming in and out because it can be reheated. Tomorrow, spiral sliced ham.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Beerbattered munk fish & chips
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    We ordered a ham dinner from the deli for tomorrow and my family will be eating that I will be eating whatever I have time for because I will be working and it's the busiest day of our year.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    everything sounds sooo good! if only we could have a giant potluck haha!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    tonight we are going to a steakhouse with friends and family..and tomorrow mom is making chicken parm, linguine, homemade sauce, with bread, and we have apple and pecan pie for dessert….

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve will mostly be assorted nibbles ... cheese and crackers, veggies and dip -- that sort of stuff. Christmas day will be an incredibly cheesy baked ziti with home made sauce, salad, garlic bread, and cheesecake.
  • Potter_Nerd07
    Potter_Nerd07 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Christmas Dinner with my family will prob include;
    Turkey
    Sausage Meat
    Potatoes
    Roast potatoes
    Pigs in Blankets
    Carrots
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower Cheese
    Gravy

And I think we have sherry trifle for afters.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    right now is finger foods, treats, tomorrow is our ham and turkey feast!, and of course,,,, lots and lots of booze.. rose wine while I write,,, turning to cranberry apple cider! CHEERS!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,147 Member
    Options
    Tonight (12/24) six of us are going to a small Italian restaurant, where everything is simply done, manageable portions and very tasty. I like the veal served with sauté spinach. Tomorrow will be bbq tri- tip, chicken thighs and sweet Italian sausages; mashed potatoes and a broccoli-cheese and corn casserole. For desert mixed fruit salad with whipped cream, European cookies (thank you Costco), small blueberry scones (thank you Panera), and brownies that one of my daughters law made. I will have the fruit salad and the rest of the family can enjoy the other sweet treats. We don’t do appetizers. Obviously I will not be logging at all.
  • ToriGabrielle
    ToriGabrielle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve, tonight, we are doing a fondue. So chicken, steak and shrimp with various sauces. Also a swiss cheese fondue with baguette. Dessert is a chocolate fondue with strawberries, melon and pineapple.

Tomorrow is turkey, bread stuffing or cauliflower stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, ceasar salad, cheese stuffed mushrooms, green beans...and for dessert a choice of turtle trifle or low carb pecan crust strawberry cheesecake.

I am not counting or logging today or tomorrow.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Turkey breast and Ham
    Stuffing
    Cranberry sauce
    Baked potato
    Cream spinach
    Broccoli, sweet corn
    Dinner rolls
    Fresh fruit salad
    Pumpkin and apple pie
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Christmas Eve-- Tamales!
    Christmas Day -- Turkey, red mashed potatoes (low-glycemic index!), gravy, cauliflower casserole, pear gorgonzola salad, cranberry sauce (?) and piece de resistance -- brownies with vanilla bean ice cream (a caramel sauce).