No junk food challenge!

Options
13»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I can't help but notice that this list doesn't include alcohol.

My diet cream soda and nut butter are here to stay.

I noticed that about alcohol. So one could comply with this fad by adhering to a 21 day diet of bacon, homemade french fries, beer and vodka. Seems legit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    i didnt realise peanut butter and white bread is junk food
    why isnt bacon on the list too?

In white bread there is much added sugar. I consider bacon is not as bad as all these. Again, it's not a list that i made
    That depends on the bread. Some whites have just as much as needed. Some have HFCS. The "whiteness" of the bread doesn't mean it has more added sugar, it just means it's been bleached, stripped, and likely enriched. But yes, some do add HFCS.

Peanut butter isn't "junk food". Peanut butter spread (with all the added sugars and hydrogenated oils) could be argued to be.

Chocolate isn't in and of itself junk...

Agreed. I already moderate or don't eat everything on this list, so I'm good.

But I'm happy to support anyone who does this!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Other than chocolate, I live this way. I do not eat any of the other items on the list. Not due to my "diet", but simply because they are not foods that I buy.

Now, if I wanted to have something from this list, I would, but I would count it into my daily intake.

I eat chocolate everyday, it fits in to my calorie count.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to eliminate pointlessly so I don't think I will be trying it.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I don't tend to eliminate pointlessly so I don't think I will be trying it.

This.

My go to lunch is a large Wendy's chili. Filling, low in calories, high in protein and it always fits nicely into my daily macros. Win/win. Just because it's "fast food" doesn't mean it's bad.