Recommitting with New MFP account after long illness..

Hey everyone...
I previously won my weight battle and lost 100 lbs in 2 years. I became ill in 2013 and after a bit of a dramatic experience, I was diagnosed with late stage Lyme Disease.

I have unfortunately regained about 80 of those lbs. I have tried a few times to recommit myself but it's been a process of learning to listen to my body and not hurt myself.

I'm slowly figuring things out and have a steep goal of losing this 80lbs while not being able to do what I did the first time to succeed. My husband is also ill with Lyme and I really just need to try be the best I can be to help our situation.

If you are diligent with your own journey and truly need some healthy support, I'd love to build my list up some!

Keep up the good fight everyone!

Replies

• Razzyirt
    Razzyirt Posts: 20 Member
    Hi! I have a story that is similar in some respects! I was also a healthy weight, without a ton of effort and loved exercise. I used to work out daily, and actually did competitive running.

Then I got sick.

During the illness I gained about 50 lbs. I've managed to lose about 10 of them....but it took a ridiculous amount of work. I have also really struggled with the changes that have happened with my body. I can't do what I used to do.

Feel free to add me as a friend....I'm still figuring out the whole friends thing. It would be nice to have someone with a similar background.