GAINED 35 LBS in 1.5 YEARS (Pictures included)

Options
legacybush
legacybush Posts: 78 Member
Pictures below!

I'm currently at a loss as to whether or not I should continue bulking until 200, 220 lbs, etc or start cutting down to about 170 then rebulk.

I'm hesitant to start cutting because it appears as though I have not gained much body fat and don't want to waste time cutting when it could go to gaining more mass/size.

My current body weight is at 189 lbs and I'm eating 4000 calories/day.
I would appreciate any appreciate any feedback!

Current Macros: 90f 240p 560c

**Please ignore the remaining chest hair in the most recent pic...wasn't done shaving :D
**The profile pic I have up is me currently at 189 lbs.

BEFORE PIC: August 2014, 155 LBS

unr8cttdmccj.jpg

MIDWAY PIC: May 2015, 173 LBS

qnolh8461xap.jpeg

AFTER PIC: September 2015, 186 LBS

fzzkjl1dbac8.jpg

Replies

• Mdfahmi
    Mdfahmi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome gains bro.
  • legacybush
    Options
    mdfahmi89 wrote: »
    Awesome gains bro.

Thanks!
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Indeed. Great work.
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good job mate!
  • bigeasy50
    bigeasy50 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awsome job have you a specific diet plan to get 4000 per day
  • BuerreNoisette
    BuerreNoisette Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No one has really addressed your question as to whether or not you should go for a cut cycle, and then try a gain cycle. I think you're right in that you don't have much body fat to lose. What is your physique goal?

I think the progress you've made so far is fantastic, and at 4000 calories, your body seems to be using the calories and not storing it as fat. My personal opinion is that you don't have 15 pounds of body fat to lose, and some of the weight you would lose to cut to 170 would be hard earned muscle. I think you'd be safe to continue to gain to 200 and see how you feel about it. I'm not a dude, and I don't have experience gaining... but I do spend a good amount of time around dudes who talk about this ALL day...

:smiley: Best of luck to you!
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    No one has really addressed your question as to whether or not you should go for a cut cycle, and then try a gain cycle. I think you're right in that you don't have much body fat to lose. What is your physique goal?

I think the progress you've made so far is fantastic, and at 4000 calories, your body seems to be using the calories and not storing it as fat. My personal opinion is that you don't have 15 pounds of body fat to lose, and some of the weight you would lose to cut to 170 would be hard earned muscle. I think you'd be safe to continue to gain to 200 and see how you feel about it. I'm not a dude, and I don't have experience gaining... but I do spend a good amount of time around dudes who talk about this ALL day...

:smiley: Best of luck to you!

I'm seconding this. It doesn't look like you're quite at a point that cutting is a necessity.

However, awesome job!

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Agree with the cutting down to 170. Too much muscle would be lost. I would continue to bulk looking at your progress and photos you have made!(:
  • legacybush
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm definitely going to bulk to 200 lbs then readdress the situation based on my progress. I will probably post pics every 10 pounds just to have outside opinions on what I should do next.
  • legacybush
    Options
    justsw51 wrote: »
    Awsome job have you a specific diet plan to get 4000 per day

I track all of my macros on myfitnesspall and I'm actually on 4100 calories right now. I follow the IIFYM method and it has worked pretty great for me for over a year now!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing work. If I looked like you, I would be comfortable enough to keep bulking.
  • legacybush
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Wow. Amazing work. If I looked like you, I would be comfortable enough to keep bulking.

Much appreciated