Back at it again!!!

Options
Hello everyone my name is April!! After straying away from MFP almost a year ago and several attempts at fad diets, and also trying out weight watchers I've decided to return. Ive reevaluated what I was doing when I was able to lose 20 pounds after having my son in March 2012, and that was counting my calories here and working out with a combination of strength training and cardio. Sounds so simple rite!?? Just a little about me I'm from south east texas 25 yrs old and currently returning to school for pre nursing. Also I'm a mother of two a little girl age 5, and a baby boy currently 15 months. As of rite now I work full time in the banking industry until school starts back up in August. My current weight is 210.. My first goal is to get out of the 200's then to 160 and after evaluating how I feel when I get to that point my ultimate goal would be to get to 140-145 also I'm 5"4..!! So if there's anyone similar to me same age as I young mothers or anyone who just wants to be my friend on here feel free to add me and share your story as well :)

Replies

• Naturally_sassy0525
    Naturally_sassy0525 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am back also! and after trying weight watchers, with no success.
    i am doing the sugar-busters lifestyle, and keeping track on here. the pounds are melting off, and i am NEVER EVER hungry.
    I am very happy.

Good Luck to you!! :-)
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm on my 3rd, or maybe 4th round of MFP. I've been a member on here for a while, I'd lose and then gain back. I saw pictures of myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas and decided OMG I need to do something NOW. So, I've been back since the very end of December. I've also incorporated exercise with better eating, and as much as I used to grumble about working out, I feel like a bear if I DON'T work out now! I never thought I'd see that day! I started out at my heaviest in Dec/Jan at 215. I'm currently at 195 with 20 lbs down and many many inches.
    I did one round of Les Mills Combat and loved it. I'm now doing Combat and Pump and am anxiously waiting for my T25 order to come any day now!!
    My goal weight is 150 and Im 5'4" or 5'5" depending on the day apparently haha I've gotten both at the Dr. office. I've been motivated by people on here and also motivated by the inches I'm losing and the strength and endurance I've increased since January!!
    I sent you a freind request! Good luck to you in your journey! :smile:
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome back! My starting weight was also 210lb, am now at 190 and want to get down to a weight between 147- 133 (depends how i feel to what weight i get to) am also 5"4. Your welcome to add me :)
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm older that you (31) and not a mum but feel free to add me anyway if you like!! :smile:
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm not a mom... But I'm an awesome aunt! :happy:

If I've learned anything...it's that if you don't want to start over, don't give up. This is my first time with MFP, and when New Year's approaches (that's my deadline!), I'll be saying goodbye to this awesome site!

We can do it! :wink:
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    Thank you guys for sharing y'all are really motivating me!
  • southerngirlmd77
    Options
    Hello April! I am fairly new signed up a few months ago but never really committed but I am really wanting to get back into shape and do some good healthy clean eating. Good luck to you and Ill be here to encourage you on your journey!
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    Not a mommy but this is my 2nd time back on MFP and I'm really trying to make a change this time. It gets hard at times, but we can do it lol!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and a mother to a 4 year boy and gained about 31 lbs since i had him! I want to be at 150 even though im only 5'3 (love my curves, don't want to lose the lol) I've lost 10 lbs already and want to lose another 37lbs!!! I been on and off for the past year but i been going strong now for the last 10 days and loving every minute of it. I'm addicted to MFP lol but its a good addiction, keeps me motivated, I'm here if you need help, thats what we are here for ;)
  • mpalombo
    mpalombo Posts: 3
    Options
    Yep, me too. I was doing WW and I actually gained. I think this model works much better for me, since you have to count everything, including fruit and veggies. Been at it one week, and at the gym, lost one pound. GO ME!
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi April!!! I can totally relate! Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to help support you on your journey!
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    I so love feeling like I'm not in this alone! Thank you ladies so much for sharing :)
  • Mrskatie
    Mrskatie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm back, too! Only the last few times I didn't get involved with the community. I'm a little older than you (33), and my kids are older than yours (13 & 9), I work full time and have recently rekindled my affair with running. I'm 13# down in a total 53# goal.
    Add me, we'll work at it together!
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. Recently had baby number two have about 20 pounds to lose. Recently left my nursing job to become a stay at home and hoping to return to nursing full time in a year or so. I am 5'4 and 3/4....i take those 3/4ths seriously :) Exercising to relieve stress and get some energy, find that napping with the kiddos left be groggy. What is your workout like?
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    hi!!!! I just requested you!!!!!

I been on here almost a year....had a few stops and starts but have been going strong for about 30 days or so and I lost about 9lbs and 7inches already!!!! I have a young son, and I just prefer to work at home. I just completed one month of Hip Hop Abs and tomorrow starts day 1 of Level 2....my next goal after that is to do the Insanity Challenge (PRAY FOR ME!!!!!!) I'm striving not to give up either....and you sound like you are a very busy person, but I know people who's schedule is as full as yours and they are getting it in!!! You can do it too!!!! :)
  • virgo1978
    virgo1978 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi April!

You certainly are not alone! I joined this site a few years ago and lost 20 lbs.! Then, I gained it all back. :noway:

I'm back again! And, I hope to lose and keep it off for good! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :flowerforyou:

~Sue
  • Naturally_sassy0525
    Options
    feel free to add me. Recently had baby number two have about 20 pounds to lose. Recently left my nursing job to become a stay at home and hoping to return to nursing full time in a year or so. I am 5'4 and 3/4....i take those 3/4ths seriously :) Exercising to relieve stress and get some energy, find that napping with the kiddos left be groggy. What is your workout like?

Rite now I'm doing beach body's Chalene Extreme.. I'm into my 3rd day it incorporates weights which was what I was looking for in an at home work out. Thanks for responding.