Green Smoothie 30-Day Challenge!

Is anyone else here taking part in the Simple Green Smoothies 30-Day Challenge (http://simplegreensmoothies.com/30-day-challenge). It's free. They send you shopping lists and tips throughout the whole month. This is my second one and SGS is the reason I'm 3-4 months strong now at not missing having one as jam packed, healthy breakfast every morning.

I'm just curious if anyone else on MFP is taking part?

Replies

• momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    I'm having a green smoothie right now, but have never heard of the challenge :) I'll have to look into it.

eta: very cool site/idea! I can't do it in July since we're going on a road trip, but I've bookmarked the site and hopefully they'll do it again in the future.
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    Me, too! I have one for my whole breakfast (about 3 cups), and it's still sitting next to me right now, finishing the last third!
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    I hadn't heard about this before, but I might give it a go.

I've been curious about green smoothies what with all the hype lately - it seems like a great way of boosting fruit and veg intake, which can never be a bad thing, right?
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    BUMP for looking at later when I'm not at work... ehm....
  • do you juice it all at the same time? the nutrients start to die after a few minutes of juicing so you are best to drink it straight away...
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    What's the first smoothie? My email didn't come :ohwell:
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Just signed up! I'm going to drink my smoothie as an afternoon snack. I get tired and hungry at work and then I go home and nurse two kids and cook dinner. I tend to snack and over eat then. Hopefully this will help!
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192 Member
    I have replaced my lunch with a green drink. It has become a permanent item in my "diet". I say give it a whirl for 30 days, but why quit there.

Change one meal with it and you'll be surprised how you feel weeks down the road.

I have a Breville juicer and Vitamix mixer. I switch between the two depending on what I am doing.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Never heard of the challenge, but I have a green smoothie at least five days a week! They are delicious.
  • wanderlustlover
    wanderlustlover Posts: 84 Member
    I don't juice at all yet. I put everything in my vitamix blender and blend it up until it's a competently smooth liquid (because you get more nutrients than juice, since you're eating the pulverized skins/seeds/everything). And then I drink it first thing in the morning as a replacement for my breakfast meal.

You can put all sorts of amazing things in it for protein (almond/cashew butters, tofu) and healthy fats (coconut oils, and avocados) on top of getting in so many fruits and vegetables. Plus all sorts of add-ins like tea, coconut water, almond milks can be substituted from your liquids. You can add flax seeds, chai seads, hemp proteins, coconut flakes, the lists are almost endless.

It's such an amazing thing.

I've had them everyday for breakfast for almost 3-4 months now, since the SGS did a 30-Day challenge in March/April that I blitzed into at the end of the first week. I loved best that they made it a no-brainer. Sent you free shopping lists with recipes, and then padded your e-mail with notes on what to add, and how you could freeze all your fruits and greens, of pulp/add in herbs, too.

All sorts of things I never might have known.
  • Brandyyee
    Brandyyee Posts: 7 Member
    Hi guys Im pretty new here and would love to know what the green smoothie is? im currently doing smoothies with low cal yogurt and different fruits but would love something new! :)
  • g0tr00t
    Hi guys Im pretty new here and would love to know what the green smoothie is? im currently doing smoothies with low cal yogurt and different fruits but would love something new! :)

Days I bike ride into work, I make a.green drink with a whole celery,cucumber, apple, lemon, parsely and cilantro. the days I work from home i use less veggies but same ones and add water into the Vitamix. simple and effective.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Day 1. Made the first one on the list. Substituted mango juice for the water. Yummy!
  • g0tr00t
    Day 1. Made the first one on the list. Substituted mango juice for the water. Yummy!
    Awesome! You should start a blog :)

Measurements, how you like it and any changes you notice. After 2 weeks, you might see some detoxification happening....its normal.
  • DanaeMonique
    DanaeMonique Posts: 41 Member
    I just signed up for it and found out about it but thanlfully I already had a green smoothie this morning before work!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    I sine up one week late for the green smoothie challenge I am planing on doing them after the 30 days hopping to make it part of a healthy lifestyle. Along with other changes. So far there been 2 I really did not like lava guava and spinach papaya the kiwi mango was okay. I am starting on week two tomorrow. I was wondering after a week of doing green smoothie do you fine you need to run to the bathroom more?