How are you doing with Christmas eating so far?

Options
Christmas Eve is over, Christmas Day is in full swing (on the US East Coast). How are YOU doing with your food and exercise today, compared to what you'd planned on? If you're reading this after everything's over - how DID you do?

I was running late, but just got a call from my hostess for today and she's also running late and asked me to come over 30 minutes later than we'd planned. So I'm going to use the extra time to go for a walk. Because goals.

Replies

• laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Doing ok so far! We have Christmas dinner tonight, and I have prelogged my dinner in an effort to stay on track. Hopefully I can! I've been eyeballing the chocolate but have been able to resist so far!
  • allbandrelatednamesaretaken
    Options
    Pretty good. I ate salad and meat for dinner, christmas bread for lunch and savory pie for breakfast. Tomorrow is when the real monster comes.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I baked brownies this morning. They smelled SOOOO good. So I made myself chocolate oatmeal for lunch - and it took the edge off my desire to eat all the brownies before I get them to my friend's house!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bit too many cookies last night but I did well on the rest so only ended up 600 over maintenance or something (but I had a good workout too). Today I'm starving though so I'm probably looking at 1000-1200 extra calories, but there's a lot of guesswork. Not even worried about it, I'll stop eating when I'm full (if that ever happens because it's day 3 of TOM and that one is always bad) and unless some unplanned dessert shows up with our guest, I'm not interested in what we're having.

Still way better than last year!
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Horrible, It is Christmas Day here I am at work and I had about 7 mini cinnamon roll bites and a tres leche cake small oatmeal and a yogurt. This is what sucks about working at a hospital during the holidays
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    @Pinupdollrawr I'm sorry you're having a tough time and that you have to work today. I'm sure your patients appreciate you being there.
  • michaelhornby365
    michaelhornby365 Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Eatting everything and anything I like.. 1st time i been on the beer for months. Giving my self this treat as few days not going to hurt.. Then back to normal in a few days. So enjoy the Christmas fun and have a great day X
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It's 19:00 here (England) I am over but by how much I won't know until tomorrow. I have written everything down and I will log tomorrow morning.
    Tomorrow I am at my Aunts for lunch and the in laws for dinner. So it will be the same.

I will worry about making a mend on Sunday
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Porked out last night, went over my calories probably by over 200-400, but I kind of figured I would. I'll probably pig out some more tonight.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    Christmas Eve is over, Christmas Day is in full swing (on the US East Coast). How are YOU doing with your food and exercise today, compared to what you'd planned on? If you're reading this after everything's over - how DID you do?

I was running late, but just got a call from my hostess for today and she's also running late and asked me to come over 30 minutes later than we'd planned. So I'm going to use the extra time to go for a walk. Because goals.

You must be a mind reader because I was about to create a thread, like this.
    64crayons wrote: »
    @Pinupdollrawr I'm sorry you're having a tough time and that you have to work today. I'm sure your patients appreciate you being there.

I couldn't have said it better!

I haven't been well, so I've been under eating; mainly because I haven't been well enough, to go grocery shopping and/or cook; so I was running low on food. However my Sister & I made a feast anyway because my apartment complex's security company awarded me a Christmas dinner, after I was nominated by both my apartment complex's staff & residents, for being the most involved; within my community. Plus my Mother & Sister had desserts. So I ate a pumpkin pie slice, last night. An apple pie slice, this morning & the rest, just now but I'll be within my calories, since I had calories left over; from previous days & most of all because I ate part of the feast, instead of other meals. So no I won't have anymore pumpkin and/or apple pie but I did save 2 croissants, for later; even though I already had 2. Hopefully I'll be able to go grocery shopping & cook tomorrow.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Maintenance mode for me until New Year's. :)
  • dmegan012
    dmegan012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Eatting everything and anything I like.. 1st time i been on the beer for months. Giving my self this treat as few days not going to hurt.. Then back to normal in a few days. So enjoy the Christmas fun and have a great day X

That's my thinking, too. Doing whatever I want for Christmas, and I'll get back on track after. I am still doing my workouts, though.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Am logging, am over, but must have been undercounting exercise calories this week because was at my lowest weight this am in over a year. Am pretty stoked and find it hard to not count, even when I told myself I didn't have to for this one day.

Will exercise tomorrow.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Probably like 200-400 over maintenance yesterday and today (I'm just guessing here, lets be real lol), but the food here is pretty healthy, and I'm not a fan of these particular desserts, so no issues really
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've gone over by some but not too much. I've had a few walks today too. Not concerned at all as i had kidney stones recently and didnt eat properly for 3 days. And it's Christmas! :) x
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I'm good. I'm on maintenance. Last time I did this, @ Thanksgiving, I was on a road trip & I posted 1/10 of a pound gain week over week. Lots of sitting, even though we hiked each morning. This time I've lost half a pound week over week. I know the math so it doesn't stress me out. I made a decadent Christmas breakfast of croissant bread pudding with berries and cream cheese. It was delicious. That is a rare treat since I generally work 7 mornings a week. We're at my in laws now & I'm heading out for a walk. I need to get out of the house & get my mind on gratitude & goals for the new year. Too much sitting around with them can send me into a tailspin. My MIL has already said a few catty jabby things and my BIL seems like he could blow a fuse. Need more sports on teevee, LOL. I'll eat a big rich roast beast dinner & move right on.... It's just one day. Holiday happiness to all. This holiday feels hard to me, but I have a lot to think about. Laying the groundwork for happier holidays and perhaps a fresh start after this marriage winds down...
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I just ate vanilla ice cream with honey on it. I think I might eat fudge with vanilla ice cream on it next...or stop eating for today. Decisions, decisions...
  • CrazyHarmonee
    CrazyHarmonee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Christmas dinner hasn't started for me yet... But we're having ham, mashed potatoes, french bread, green beans, mac n cheese, and tons of different pies. Definitely going over my calories today and I'm totally okay with it. I'll resume healthy eating tomorrow :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So far pretty much a normal day. (If you really want to know what I ate, my diary is public) I will go over today's goal, mainly because I am not as active as usual and I am used to eating about 2400 a day so that's probably what I will eat. I came in well under goal several times this week and have lost a couple of pounds this week so not really going to sweat the dinner I plan to eat soon.

I had planned to go horseback riding this afternoon but rain prevented that so I just hung out at the stable for a while and gave my mare some treats.

Roasted pork tenderloin, sweet potatoes, cranberry stuffing and some red wine.

For Christmas eve I treated myself to a movie (Star Wars) with popcorn (buttered) and a Sprite. I really enjoyed it too.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was okay. Today I went waaaaaaay over my limit. Tomorrow will be okay again.