Getting back to it after having a baby!

Options
FeraFilia
FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
edited December 2015 in Getting Started
Hi everyone!

I've been on MFP for a while, but went inactive for a while when I got pregnant back in January. I had my monster of a son (9lbs 11.5oz, 23 inches long) on October 22 (after 36 long hours of labor, but a quick 45 minutes of pushing!), and 2 months later, am finally able to get back to some activity.

I got a FitBit Charge HR for Christmas, and I'm determined to get back to losing weight, finally!

Before I got pregnant, I had lost 50 pounds, then moved halfway across the country... and in the craziness of settling into a new place, followed by holidays I gained back 20, then ended up pregnant. Over my pregnancy I gained 40+ pounds, but got back down to my pre-baby weight within 2 weeks of giving birth.

I am currently looking to lose over 100 pounds, and looking for some new active friends (since many of mine disappeared during my absence, my fault) to keep me motivated and positive. My calorie deficit goal isn't super high since I am nursing, but I will be working hard on the fitness side of things, for sure!

I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas (Or having a lovely holiday, whichever you celebrate!)

Edited to add an adorable picture of my little monkey hanging out with me while I was preparing Christmas goodies. :smile:

s3fokcb0geuu.jpg

Replies

• Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm sending you a friend request, because our stories sound very similar. My husband and I didn't move as far - only about an hour away - but I gained a lot of weight once we had bought a house in a somewhat unfamiliar area where we didn't know a lot of people.

I then got pregnant and gained another 50lbs or so. After my daughter was born in July, I kept making excuses to not exercise and eat food that wasn't as healthy as what I should be eating, so I'm still carrying that extra pregnancy weight. My goal is to get down 60lbs, but I'll probably want to keep going for another 20lbs after that.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Bump. :)

Anyone else?