NSV: Mom noticed!

Options
So I've only been at this for about a month, which is why my mom's comment made me pretty excited. She has been trying to lose weight for some time now and I've been encouraging her to get on this website. We were talking about it today and she said "Maybe I should just do what you do. Then I'll be a skinny mini like you. I really can see a huge difference now compared to a few weeks ago in how you look."
I was surprised at the comment, but excited as well. It's nice when someone notices the hard work, even if it was just my mom. Haha. It kind of gave me an extra boost of motivation that I needed (:

Replies

• togobug
    togobug Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    its always great when people notice! awesome job!
  • lbdthornton
    Options
    Mom noticing is the best! Because they are honest and don't just tell you what you want to hear. GREAT JOB!!
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So nice to hear people taken notice of hard work .people close to you are the last to notice because they see you every day .....in my opinion..great job
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My mom is the greatest, she asks me to text her a progress photo every Monday night and then compliments me like "your face is getting thinner" or something like that. Even if I'm wearing a tshirt and shorts in the picture and you can't really see anything, she finds something nice to say and it's always what I need to hear! I think that a compliment coming from someone like your mom (or another person you're really close with) is the ultimate because they will be totally honest with you!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    thts an AWESOME NSV!!! Lots of friends/acquaintances/most fam members noticed and said nice things when i lost my 50 plus pounds--everyone EXCEPT my mom who has NEVER bn good at complimenting her "children". Good for you and kp it up!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Compliments from others always are a motivator :)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hearing other people's comments are very motivating. Congratulations on your progress thus far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!