couch to 5-k running plan

Options
Hey!!

I was hoping some of you would join me on a new challenge for myself.... I'm 205 right now (after losing about 40 pounds, still have a long way to go) and seem to have plateaued, so I started "training" for a 5-k today... it's a 2 month training program from cool running:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I just did my first 30 minutes (i added a 5 minute cool down at the end) and i'm hoping some of you will "friend" me and try it with me to keep me motivated!! thanks!

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Good luck!
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Hi!!

I would love to join you!!

I have been running for about two years now, but about 7 weeks ago I came down with a horrible cold and am JUST starting to get over it. I haven't run in that many weeks, except for once or twice somewhere in there. I had decided that I would start from scratch and work my way back up!! So I'm definitely in!!

I will start this evening!!!!!
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good for you! feel free to friend me. I'm new to race running and I had a crazy idea to run the Marine Corp marathon in October.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'll check it out and let you know...i have so much other exercise planned right now but i've wanted to do this plan for awhile now...
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I started week 6 of C25K this morning and I'm loving it. Stick w/ it you'll amaze yourself.
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    thank you to everyone for the feedback!! I was excited before, but hearing all your positive comments and results is even better :)
  • msparker
    msparker Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Luck!

1303646.png
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Hey!!!

I did day 1 of week one tonite!!

Just wanted to check in! Talk to u soon!
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    i'm starting on day 2 of week one in a few minutes... looks like you've already done it :) yay! i think i even motivated some of my co-workers to do it too... or at least bug ME about how i'm doing :P
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Awesome!!!

It's great to have people to help keep you motivated!! Last night after supper I was feeling lazy. I was going to skip my day 2, but then thought about checking in with you!! Heehee!!!

Thanks for the support and motivation!!!
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 (day two this morning) and am looking forward to my first long (20 minute) run on Sunday. Today was two 8 minute runs with a 5 minute walking cooldown between them and of course a 5 minute warm-up and cool down before and after.

I'm using the podcasts from http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/ which follow the couch-2-5k program with voice prompts to tell you when to run and when to walk.