Tips on staying motivated

Options
I've always gone to slimming groups (slimming world) I've never been able to do alone, this time I want to do it on my own, I've gained 20lbs in a yr so I'd like to get that off by the summer

When trying on my own I always use the excuse I'll start tomorrow or I'll get back on track tomorrow then tomorrow turns into weeks months etc...
Maybe groups are best for me?? Don't want to spend £5 a week someone telling me if I've lost or gained

Replies

• janetpam
    janetpam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to go to a group but this way, it comes to me, What should we do to get started?
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going to try and eat more healthy and record everything I eat, going shopping this morning to stock up on better food, cakes still left in the fridge from xmas kids will have some at lunch then the rest will be chucked!

Here's to a new year of being healthy
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I froze a small amount of my Christmas food gifts, to bring out in small amounts over time when they'll fit in my calorie budget. The rest all went to skinny neighbors! If you don't have skinny neighbors, there's usually a nursing home or something nearby.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    ... I'll start tomorrow or I'll get back on track tomorrow then tomorrow turns into weeks months etc...

I've done this. Back to back to back uber indulgent Last Suppers. It's relatively easy to restart after Christmas because the pressure to shop/decorate/bake/wrap/drink etc is finally off. And New Year's resolutions start buzzing around in the back of my head. But this past year I discovered a great method to get myself back on the wagon quickly whenever I fell off. Get on and log. Aim for maintenance calories, but log. And keep the deficit low when necessary (which for me is most of the time). Previous years I had been happy to suffer for the cause. I thought a certain amount of misery was just part of the weight loss process. But the memory of those calorie deprived moments kept me procrastinating from getting back on track whenever I overindulged a few days. So now I go slow most of the time. Long term success is my goal. Here's not only to a new year of being healthy but many years...happily ever after.