Hey hey

Options
Hey everyone, I'm Riley. :) I'm twenty three years old, born in NZ and currently living in Australia with my mum and two cats; Elijah and Gia. My interests include reading, writing, Tom Hardy, Twenty One Pilots, watching entire seasons of tv shows in two days and animals.

My struggle with weight didn't start until high school; I suffered from depression and severe social anxiety which made it incredibly hard to make friends, and resulted in me eating my feelings instead. I've tried and failed many times over the years to lose weight, but my biggest problem is motivation and sticking to my goals.

In November I had a horrendous headache that lasted three weeks and resulted in double vision. My optician sent me to the hospital where I was diagnosed with IIH (Idiopathic intracranial hypertension) and spent about a week there. I was prescribed Diamox to get rid of the extra fluid and my eyesight is back to normal thankfully (I was told that if I had waited any longer, I could have lost my sight completely, which was scary).

My doctor said that losing even just 10% of my weight could potentially cure my condition (and get me off the medication), so here I am. This time is not going to be like the others, because my sight is too precious to risk losing.

Replies

• Bexbeckboo
    Bexbeckboo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Riley. Sorry to hear you have the IIH battle on your hands. I've been living with it for 2 years now. I've just come off the Diamox (yay to being able to have sparkling water again!) but still rattling with other meds but I'm now 'well' enough to hit the gym for the first time.

Like many IIH sufferers we know the weight needs to come off but the body just doesn't work when the pain is at it's peak.

I've done my first successful cardio this morning and.......fingers crossed.......I'm not suffering too badly. Onwards and upwards I say!

Hope you are doing OK

Becky J