Curb cravings???

Options
Anyone have advice on how to beat the cravings?? I just love the junk food!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Make it fit, either by having a smaller portion, or eating less of other food, or exercise more.
    Or just don't eat it. The cravings will lessen after a while.
    In any case, make sure you eat a balanced diet with enough protein and fat, and a variety fruit and vegetables every day.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Throw it all out of the house.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Gotta cut carbs! Not a job for mere mortals..... ;)
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I find that I usually turn to junk food not when I'm hungry, but when I'm bored. I try to substitute it with either a cup of tea, or a low-impact workout (usually a gentle yoga session).
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love junk food too. When I'm really craving sweets, ill eat a meal and let myself have a little treat after. That why I'm full and I won't binge on the sweets. I hope this helps.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    If you can control your portion of the junk food, pre-log it into your day and adjust the rest of your day's food accordingly so that you're meeting your Calorie goals.

If you know that food would cause you to uncontrollably binge, then it might be a good idea to eliminate that food for a while (and reassess whether the food continues to be an issue in a few months). You can't eat something if you don't buy it or make it a complete pain-in-the-butt to get to (I've hidden chocolate so that if I really want it -and not just wanting a mouthfeel- then I would need to work to get it out of hiding).
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it and have it in the house. I find the act of getting up,getting dressed and going to the store to be too much trouble. At that time, the craving has passed.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I did it by greatly increasing my fat intake to about 60% of my total calories. Haven't had sugar, grains, fruit or starchy veg in +4 years and I've lost ~20# since