Did I really cut the sodium?

Options
I'm trying to make more low sodium meals and I experimented a bit with chicken fajitas last night.

I used a packet of the fajitas seasoning, but only cooked the veggies in the fajitas seasoning (and ended up only about half of the seasoning). I grilled the chicken plain and then added the veggies cooked in the seasoning to the plain chicken in the tortillas.

My thinking was that the bell peppers and onions already have water in them so they weren't soaking up as much of the fajitas seasoning?

Am I fooling myself or did I really cut the sodium?

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm trying to make more low sodium meals and I experimented a bit with chicken fajitas last night.

I used a packet of the fajitas seasoning, but only cooked the veggies in the fajitas seasoning (and ended up only about half of the seasoning). I grilled the chicken plain and then added the veggies cooked in the seasoning to the plain chicken in the tortillas.

My thinking was that the bell peppers and onions already have water in them so they weren't soaking up as much of the fajitas seasoning?

Am I fooling myself or did I really cut the sodium?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    One way I cut sodium is by using sea salt, low to no sodium foods and making up my own spices for recipes by really reading and looking for products that say raw, unbleached, no MSG...

It's hard, but it really helps to cut as much sodium as you can....