Where do I start?

Options
I'm a 21 year old female who weighs 290 pounds at 5'3. I've been walking. And I have 10 and 20 pound weights at home. But not sure what to do with them. I'm lost I guess.
What are some exercises to start out with?

Replies

• reetgreenthumb
    reetgreenthumb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Youtube has lots of exercise videos and they explain form and demonstrate how they work. Maybe watch a few and pick ones that are at your skill level and start there.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Try YouTube Jessica smith tv, fitness blender, body by Amy, befit, Leslie sansone's youtube channels are all great and free oh also hasfit. Good luck on your journey and well done for taking this step
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You've already started! You're on MFP, and you're walking. That makes at least 2 things you're already doing right. Have you figured out your daily goal for calories? Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat (or a good estimate when necessary)? Are you logging what you eat? Those are your next steps if you're not doing them yet.

I can't offer any advice about weightlifting.

Walking is my current form of exercise. I'm doing C25K, but I'm doing it as slow and fast walk intervals (not fast walk and slow run). It's easy to adapt the program to your ability. In just 1.5 weeks I already see a little progress.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oh, and look at YouTube videos for gentle chair yoga, if regular yoga is too tough for now.
  • reetgreenthumb
    reetgreenthumb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugu9XF3p-oI Maybe this one will be good for beginners. I never tried it but I just searched and watched a little and she explains form and dynamic stretches for warm up. Make sure you stretch before and after because you will be more sore after if you don't stretch.