Belly button piercing and exercise (bbg)

Hey, I currently do kayla itsines bikini body guide and have been for 22 weeks but will be getting a belly button piercing in the new year. I was just wondering how I go about doing exercise while it is healing, will I be able to carry on as normal or take up a different form of exercise? I'm not really into running as I prefer circuit exercises or weight training. Any advice would help!! Thank you

Replies

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Not going to lie. You are going to find out everything you use your ab muscles for. From going to the bathroom to laughing to brushing your teeth or sneezing etc.

It the "hurt" eases up after a day or two, but I'd make sure you wear clothing that won't snag it until it's completely healed.
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Don't get the piercing!!!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    It should be fine. But you have to wear a big plaster over it for about 4 weeks if I remember correctly, so won't snag while healing, but maybe you will notice it's difficult to stretch without plaster coming off.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Isn't that a little dated? I thought it died out with mullets.

Yeah, you don't see them as often anymore. I still think they can be pretty cute depending on the belly of the woman it's on. It would look absolutely ridiculous with an outy belly button or on a belly that isn't toned. I still wouldn't recommend one as I've seen a lot of women where the piercing just rejects.
  • krstang89
    krstang89 Posts: 17 Member
    naomiiixo wrote: »
    Hey, I currently do kayla itsines bikini body guide and have been for 22 weeks but will be getting a belly button piercing in the new year. I was just wondering how I go about doing exercise while it is healing, will I be able to carry on as normal or take up a different form of exercise? I'm not really into running as I prefer circuit exercises or weight training. Any advice would help!! Thank you

I can't really answer to what specific exercises will be comfortable for you, but I can say that when I got mine peirced it was VERY sore for several weeks. Be careful not to get it caught or twisted on anything. I would avoid anything where you put pressure on your stomach, like laying on your tummy or using machines that require you to rest on your medsection. I wish you luck!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    This is a question you have to ask your piercer. You should not take advice from random strangers on the internet without talking to the person who will do your piercing. If you showed him or her this thread, he/she should be able to pick out the bad info in it. If they can't, leave and go somewhere else.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Isn't that a little dated? I thought it died out with mullets.

Yeah, you don't see them as often anymore. I still think they can be pretty cute depending on the belly of the woman it's on. It would look absolutely ridiculous with an outy belly button or on a belly that isn't toned. I still wouldn't recommend one as I've seen a lot of women where the piercing just rejects.

I also think they can be cute on the right lady. There's a saying amongst piercers - if the stomach ain't tight - it won't look right !