2016 fitness program?

Replies

• vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    I'm lucky enough to work in a physical therapy clinic where many of us spend the lunch hour working out. Basically I'm going to keep doing what the PTs tell me (they're so bossy), plus TRX and cardio on my own time.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    I'm sticking with SL5x5 until I'm sure I got everything out of it since I'm still losing weight. Once I'm sure I can't progress more with that I am probably going to run Madcow for a while and then maybe try 5/3/1. Everything is really still up in the air as I'm losing weight.

I'm also doing a 20 pull up program which I should be able to finish off in the next month or so.

I intend to start a running program in the late winter/spring timeframe as I want to improve cardio so I can perform better in Ultimate.

Outside of that, who knows.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Hiking, hiking, hiking and more hiking. And I start a yoga program on Jan 5th!

I LOVE This!!!
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2015
    I just started Krav Maga this month. It's tough but really fun. I have a hard time working out for the sake of working out - I'd much rather be doing things like hiking or nordic skiing, but unfortunately I can't get out and do those things often enough to make them a major part of my exercise routine. So I'm hopeful that Krav will be good for me since I'm actually enjoying myself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    i'm a cyclist so will continue to cycle.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    I'm going to continue 3/5/1 with an extra bench day if I have time. I'm also going to try to fit in cardio at lunch occasionally.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I'm working as a group fitness instructor in mid-January, so I'll be doing that class plus a few other classes. I want to add back in weight training (after taking some time off) just on my own.

One of the classes I'm most excited to do is Stand-up Paddle Board Yoga.
  • LoriGarside
    LoriGarside Posts: 73 Member
    All I can do is walk, but I'm walking 2.5 to 3 miles a day. I'm hoping to be up to five in the next few months. Have to get doc's approval to do more. I lost 35 pounds in 2015. I'm shooting for 40+ in 2016! I got my Fitbit Charge today! Yay!
  • tns56364
    tns56364 Posts: 43 Member
    Kettlebells. I recently started to work with Kettlebells and love them. It's a full body workout that I enjoy.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    All I can do is walk, but I'm walking 2.5 to 3 miles a day. I'm hoping to be up to five in the next few months. Have to get doc's approval to do more. I lost 35 pounds in 2015. I'm shooting for 40+ in 2016! I got my Fitbit Charge today! Yay!

Great! Well done, and keep up the good work!
  • ambridget2
    ambridget2 Posts: 30 Member
    I have no idea. I work as a new nurse and I am night shift 3 nights out of the week. I am really having a hard time being motivated to fit in a healthy lifestyle since this life change. I was on a roll after I graduated nursing school. I want to lose weight and be healthier. If any night shifters have motivation ideas and a plan feel free to share. How can I make it work? I will lose and I will eventually have a plan!
  • tashadelima
    tashadelima Posts: 6 Member
    I have started the Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12-week trainer. I have been consistent in working out all year, but want to get more regimented in the way I workout. I have that program, which I am into Day 2 of, and have also signed up for Zumba classes at my local community centre. Those classes will be every Wednesday for 9 weeks. I have a Fitbit so will continue working to reach my goal of 10,000 steps a day.
  • FREEZE451
    FREEZE451 Posts: 5 Member
    Just started Mike O'hearns 12 week program.
    After a small injury hoping that I'll be back at peak numbers in a couple months :)
  • SharpPI
    SharpPI Posts: 66 Member
    I am new to MFP ..... I have started walking every other day .... did 2 miles night before last .... I will continue to increase the distance.

Any other ideas?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Training to improve my times for 5K, 10K and half marathon distances.
    Kettlebells for a bit of resistance work at home.
    I need to look for a cheaper gym membership really, once the New Year surge lessens a bit.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    After being injured in a car crash in September, my plan is to start working out in the pool three x a week beginning Monday when the Y resumes its regular schedule. I bought ankle weights meant for the water so I can add resistance to strengthening my hip, which was fractured. What I am starting is to complement what I am doing in physical and occupational therapy, which I am in 4x a week.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    From late May until my 40th birthday in July I'll be doing this 40 workout strength challenge . The rest of the year, I'll likely run some iteration of 531.

That's looks amazing!
  • kurtzie62
    kurtzie62 Posts: 4 Member
    Work on my osteoarthritis to reduce the pain.