I'm afraid to weigh myself

Options
mkdm291
mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
Round 101... The holidays have passed. The food was tasty and the wine flowed... A lot.
At 40 years old, 5'4 and 147 pounds (at last check), not too far from where I want to be. I would like to lose 20 pounds and run a 1/2 marathon I'm the fall of 2016. If I look familiar, it is because I made these same goals last year.
I'm afraid to get on the scale and see I further away from my goal. However, I need to start tracking. I debated Nutrisystem for a while, but I am fearful of gaining back lost weight. I know this requires a lifestyle change.
Anyway.... Just a reintroduction. I'll go weigh myself now. Whatever that number is, I will deal with it. I'll take support from anyone who is good at it!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I promised myself I wouldn't step on the scale yesterday - I totally understand where you're coming from!
  • kdcomstock89
    kdcomstock89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Whenever I decide to "get back on the wagon" I usually weigh myself right before bedtime. I always weigh the least right when I wake up in the morning so being able to have a guaranteed loss on my 2nd weigh in is always a moral booster for me. Silly but it helps me anyway.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "You can't solve a problem until you know the breadth and depth of the issue." --me, explaining troubleshooting tech students