Help me not fail again

Options
Hello all. As I sit here typing this that little part in my mind is wondering how long Ill stick with this again. How long until I go back to my old ways of eating bad. Will I last the week? Will I make it through a month? Will I last over a year and lose 120 pounds only to gain it all back again? I'm so frustrated and I have no one to blame but myself. It's so easy to blame my life. I work full time at a very demanding and stressful job. I have two very active boys that have me moving constantly. My mother and grandmother are both having health problems that keep my running. It's so easy to just run through a drivethru and get fast food because let's face it I dont have time to eat healthy right? I'm to busy! Excuses after excuses. I have a gym membership that I pay for and never use. I have countless dvd's that I can work with at home. Heck I have sidewalks in my neighborhood, but I never use any of these anymore. Why? Excuses after excuses.
I really need the understanding of someone that is in the same situation as I am. I need to lose 130 pounds. I want to feel good about myself again. I want to be healthy. Does anyone feel like I do?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options

"I want to feel good about myself again". This was absolutely my instigator. In every aspect of my life, when I'm feeling crappy about myself, I think (remember), "All you have to do is *DO* something. :)
    So I am! And I feel fantastic. (I've been walking since November 2nd.)
    I am a bit past that first hump, but maybe I can tug you along a bit. :)
    -Stephanie
  • enoughisenough3565
    Options
    Thank you Stephanie. You are right I have to "DO" something and keep doing it :)
    Congrats of feeling fantastic, and I'll take all the tugs you have
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have felt that way at the beginning ( I know I had a ton of excuses !)
    What made this time different for me was that this time it was a lifestyle change. No more dieting. For me when I think of a diet, I think about not being able to have the foods I love. This time ,I made it about moderation not deprivation. I learned portion control and learned how to still enjoy the foods I love,but within my calorie goal.
    I've lost all my weight and have been maintaining for about 2 yrs now using moderation and portion control.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Making small, sustainable changes can be much more effective in the long run than trying to completely overhaul your nutrition/exercise patterns. Make a list of all of the actions you hope to change and then develop a plan. Too busy to cook every day? Batch cook on the weekend. Avoid the gym because of work and family? Make a commitment to go once a week on the weekend and then supplement with walking, parking far away, doing short exercise videos with the kids. Celebrate your success.
  • AleciaZ10
    AleciaZ10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a health and fitness coach! I'd love to help support you on your journey! I have monthly challenge groups that help keep you accountable and motivated. 30 minute workouts with easy recipes and meal plans, and a superfood shake.

Do you have Facebook?
  • dansal32
    dansal32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I live away from my family,and last week I visited cause I was envited to a huge wedding Of course everyone looked amazing, except for me... I have lost alot of weight durying 2012, but I gained it all back ever since. Now I feel terrible, I hate that I let myself down, I hate that I ignored the weight gain. 6 days ago I've decided that I don't wanna spend the rest of my life being a fat person. I really wanna feel good about myself.. It's now or never
  • enoughisenough3565
    Options
    AleciaZ10 wrote: »
    Hi! I am a health and fitness coach! I'd love to help support you on your journey! I have monthly challenge groups that help keep you accountable and motivated. 30 minute workouts with easy recipes and meal plans, and a superfood shake.

Do you have Facebook?
    AleciaZ10 wrote: »

Do you have Facebook?

I do have facebook and would love to be part of your challenge groups. How do I find you?
  • garciacm3
    garciacm3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been in that spot before, and still struggle with it sometimes. It's hard. It sounds like you know what you have to do, you just have to choose to do it one meal at a time. Instead of going through the drive thru, I got a salad from the grocery store, things like that.