I Want That Time Back!!!

Options
lizamichelle1
lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
I like horror movies, especially those based on true stories. Paranormal Activity, Hostel, Saw, A Nightmare on Elm Street, I am not TOO picky as long as it doesn't LOOK low budget.

Last night I watched a movie I have wanted to see for a while now: The Amityville Haunting. OMG, I wish I could have that 1 hour and 26 minutes back. It was made in the Paranormal Activity style, but it looked (and the acting) like a made-for-TV horror that you hope would get better. It just got worse. The father was an idiot. The youngest daughter, I think her brain was missing. The oldest daughter needed to eat a few burgers or my screen was stretched, and she played the usual teen girl: always on the defensive. The son was ok until he started talking to the camera, very bad acting.

What movie did you watch that you wish you didn't and why?

Replies

• chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    A hansel and gretal movie from redbox. I thought it was the new witch hunter one. Lol no. It was so predictable and terrible. I love movies based on stories from when I was a kid but that one was bad.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I remember saying that about "The Mummy Returns" ... I really liked the first one, but was totally shaking my head at the second. Mad about the wasted time. Now, I try to only watch DVDs as I exercise (elliptical or treadmill), so even if the movie isn't great, at least it wasn't a total waste of time.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    A hansel and gretal movie from redbox. I thought it was the new witch hunter one. Lol no. It was so predictable and terrible. I love movies based on stories from when I was a kid but that one was bad.
    There's a company out there specializing in making knock-off movies a.k.a. mockbusters. Redbox is usually nice enough to include a disclaimer in the description that says "not to be confused with..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockbuster
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The Eragon movie. I walked out grumbling that I should not only get my time but my money back as well.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    this movie called 2 girls 1 cup. i should have known something was weird about the movie when other people told me they wanted me to videotape myself watching it.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    this movie called 2 girls 1 cup. i should have known something was weird about the movie when other people told me they wanted me to videotape myself watching it.

what? :huh: :sick:
  • penelopestamp
    Options
    I walked out on "Frances Ha". I am 31 and feel like I'm 51 due to my inability to watch what life was like just a few years ago.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i think i watched that one to and wasnt to happy about it. I cant say i have watched any movies i didnt enjoy because if i dont like the first 30 or so minutes i just turn it off :smile:

but i am a huge horror and suspense fan as well
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Battlefield Earth...Hollywood should be forced to pay punitive damages for pain & suffering and mental anguish to anyone who managed to sit through this.
  • mrspedey
    mrspedey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hahahhaha! now i want the time back from just remembering that video! gross!!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Paranormal Activity 3 (I think 3). I hadn't seen any. I wasn't really sure what it was about. The theater was filled with overdramatic teens.

Nothing is happening, nothing is happening, nothing is happening. A lamp falls. Everybody screams. Nothing is happening, nothing is happening. Movie over, my hard earned money wasted.

I almost never go to the movies, very few even appear to be worth it.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    Mine is "Marvin's Room" piece of excrement, my father and I went to see it at a old theater that cost $1 and the show was a matinee so it was $0.50 each the entire theater was full and we watched it as the credits rolled we stood up and said to each other that was a terrible and 3 other guys near us completely agreed. I wanted to go to the box office and demand my $0.50 back it was that bad, the movie was like a train wreak but without any of the blood, guts, and explosions, we both thought through the movie "it has to get better" but it never happened. I could have thrown some poo against a wall and made a better movie. We went because some film critics said it was a great film, I have no idea what they were smoking but I even doubt that any drug (and I have tried a bunch of them) could have made it palatable.
  • lizamichelle1
    Options
    Paranormal Activity 3 (I think 3). I hadn't seen any. I wasn't really sure what it was about. The theater was filled with overdramatic teens.

Nothing is happening, nothing is happening, nothing is happening. A lamp falls. Everybody screams. Nothing is happening, nothing is happening. Movie over, my hard earned money wasted.

I almost never go to the movies, very few even appear to be worth it.

The first was probably the best, the second I think was ok. One of them was them as children and their grandmother was a witch or something and she possessed the girls. Not that great.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

I almost puked after 10 seconds. Shut it off and had nightmares about it. Disgusting doesn't even begin to describe it.
  • opsniht
    opsniht Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Georgia Rule. I watched it when it was on E!
  • lizamichelle1
    Options

Still haven't watched this, maybe I still won't lol.
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    We Need To Talk About Kevin.

No we need to talk about how this movie BUTCHERED the book. Good grief. Half the time was spent on shots of the mother looking shell-shocked. Huge waste of time for a movie made solely for shock value. :/
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Let the right one in - Just grabbed off of the shelf in a rush cos it was movie night with other half. He hasn't let me pick a movie without a reminder since
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I feel that way about Pulp Fiction and Napoleon Dynamite. Just dont get the fascination with either of those movies. Total waste of time and feel dumber for seeing them.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Vampires verses Zombies. i like B-movies but this was awful.

The main characters spend half the film driving along the road but only at about 5mph. The make up was appalling - one of the zombies looked like **** Emery and the rest looked like they had raided an old peoples home. Makes the last Paranormal activity look like an Oscar win.

If there was a story line please let me know.

Also Pandorium was very tedious and i love sci-fi movies. Even worse after a drink and even 2 years later my friends wont let us live it down.