Ready to SERIOUSLY start this thing

Options
Hello Everyone. My name is Tiffany. I'm not 'new' to MFP, as I've been keeping track of my calories and goals for a while now. But now I feel like I'm seriously ready to dig deeper and get my weight loss and health goals on track. Currently I am about 215 lbs. I am about 5'5" tall. I'm 48 years old. I live in Arizona. My ideal goal weight would be some where around 150 lbs or so. I'm not necessarily stuck on the number, but rather I think I'll know the goal when I get there, if that makes sense? I'd love to meet other members who are on this journey and give and get encouragement along the way. I live with my boyfriend, and he's not the most encouraging. It's not that he discourages me in any way. He agrees that we both need to get in shape, lose weight, get healthy and be more active. He just doesn't necessarily back those words up with any action. Lunch and dinner seem to be my more problem eating areas. There aren't a whole lot of healthy options for lunch near where I work. Subway is pretty much it. I'm looking into packing some mason jar salads for lunch and i'd welcome any ideas on those or other heathy ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Mason jar salads? I used to take a whole costco salad container to work and eat it in two days. Salad is a food you can eat in volume, as long as you use a healthy salad dressing.
  • jenfett1
    jenfett1 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have seen the mason jar salad thing that is pretty cool! I was very successful using MFP for a while, but I let life and old habits get back and I am right back where I started. I have reached the breaking point and starting fresh now. One thing I have found is that for breakfast, lunch and snacks I was most successful with protein packed foods, lower carbs and eating about 250 calories every 3 hours or so. My body responds very well to meat, a little rice, and veggies not to mention I feel so much better when I eat this way.

My meal plan will be oatmeal for breakfast most mornings, a snack of fruit or peanut butter, lunch will be chicken and rice with green veggies or beans and veggies, and another snack of some protein nuts and fruit. Dinner will be my lightest meal with the fewest carbs. I add loads of flavor to my food by adding loads of spices to make it more exciting without adding fats.

Oh and I will always be lifting weights and walking on a treadmill at an incline for my exercise :)

I am looking for more motivated friends so feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey!!
  • ncbeachybum
    ncbeachybum Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We have a similar starting point and goal. I'm on here all the time...too much actually. Feel free to add me. Best of luck!
  • Mfsdiet
    Mfsdiet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you're feeling, it's so much easier to gain weight than to lose it... I'm hopping that getting and giving support to people who are all striving for the same goal may help me achieve my goal "this time." Feel free to add me... Good Luck!!!
  • dramamama06
    dramamama06 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend invite... For lunches I got this idea from my nutitionist.. One idea I do is I get whole wheat tortilla, use nitrate free lunch meat, add spinach, a little feta, some Dijon must... Then I have some fruit.. Ez lunch.. If you eat every 2-3 hrs then you shouldn't be starving.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    We are at a similar age and have similar weight loss goals. My spouse is verbally supportive but doesn't do anything to improve his own health. Feel free to add me too.