Want to lose 48 pounds

Options
I started logging today! I'm hoping with the help of mfp to lose 48 pounds. I want to feel better and have more energy! I also want to feel good about putting a dress on next September for a wedding that I will be in. I'm excited for this new beginning :)

Replies

• kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your goals!
  • Panda3270
    Panda3270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you :wink:
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hiya! 45-50lb to lose, here. Maybe more, if I decide to change my goal later on. What's your approach going to be?
  • vickpreston
    vickpreston Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've got 36 to lose to target. Good Luck :)
  • Panda3270
    Options
    My plan is to log my food and to either go walking or go to the gym each day. My first fitness goal is to be able to jog a 5k comfortably in March. How about yourself?
  • Panda3270
    Options
    Hey, I've got 36 to lose to target. Good Luck :)

Thank you Vickpreston! You too :smile:
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have about the same to try and loss and fed it very hard to do for some reason but good luck together think it can be done
  • Panda3270
    Options
    Hello!

Hi :smiley:
  • minpinannie
    minpinannie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too am starting over, looking to take off 30-35lbs. Finding it hard to get started.
  • Panda3270
    Options
    Hi there, I too am starting over, looking to take off 30-35lbs. Finding it hard to get started.

I added you as a friend we can motivate one another!
  • lhenson15
    lhenson15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Plan on beginning my 'lose 60 lbs' journey tomorrow. Excited, but nervous also. I have never permanently succeeded at any diet ever. I didn't opt for a commercial diet plan because I wanted to make a permanent lifestyle change, not a temporary fix change. Hope I can do this. Baby steps!
  • maya166
    maya166 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check out tiffany rothe videos on youtube. Also tone it up videos. All of them are free and you can do about 3 or more videos a day at least 4 times a week. It took me over a year but it worked for me without having to track my eating. I have lost 50 lbs and went from being Obese to a healthy weight
  • MamaColie2015
    MamaColie2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    lhenson15 wrote: »
    Plan on beginning my 'lose 60 lbs' journey tomorrow. Excited, but nervous also. I have never permanently succeeded at any diet ever. I didn't opt for a commercial diet plan because I wanted to make a permanent lifestyle change, not a temporary fix change. Hope I can do this. Baby steps!

Smart to make it a lifestyle change and not seek a quick fix! What approach are you taking?
  • lhenson15
    lhenson15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tracking food using mfp and set small exercise goals each week.
  • Panda3270
    Options
    maya166 wrote: »
    Check out tiffany rothe videos on youtube. Also tone it up videos. All of them are free and you can do about 3 or more videos a day at least 4 times a week. It took me over a year but it worked for me without having to track my eating. I have lost 50 lbs and went from being Obese to a healthy weight

I will thank you for the suggestion :smile:
  • Panda3270
    Options
    lhenson15 wrote: »

You can do it, we can do it! I'm excited for this journey!
  • Tweetworld
    Tweetworld Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It is important to clearly know why you want to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. Then think about that and make it your motivation when it gets tough. Stay focused and be consistent and you will amaze yourself at your progress. I'm so excited for everyone committing to making a change. Way to go everyone!
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I must lose at least 30 but about 50 would be great. Slow and steady wins the race. Moderation... and get some exercise...movement. Let's do this! One choice at a time!
  • xmaplegunmanx
    xmaplegunmanx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm trying to lose 40 pounds! I plan on just eating well and sticking to a certain calorie intake plus 45 min on the treadmill! See what kind of progress I have:) good luck! :)
  • Petite120
    Petite120 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50lbs by May - 10lbs per month is realistic I think. I have lost over 10lbs this December.... seeing as we both have about the same left to lose, add me! I'm a bit addicted to MFP so don't worry I am here for the long haul. ...and anyone else who wants to add me, feel free... I'm always on the look out for positive pals :)