Good Cookbooks? (UK)

Options
andyluvv
andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
I need some inspiration as I'm tired of having the same things day in day out.
I just ordered the Eat Yourself Thin cookbook from Gizzi Erskine and the quick cook heathy meals by Martha Stuart.
A friend gave me the Slimming World free foods cookbook but I'm looking for something simple, filling and healthy!

Can anyone help? Any book recommendations?
Better yet if they're available online! Thank you :D

Replies

• Emma_hepplewhite
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jamie Oliver and his new one 'Superfoods' has some great recipes. He's also put down the details per portion at the bottom of every page. I guess he's more about eating the right kinds of foods than all out weight loss but some really tasty dishes. Enjoy.
  • andyluvv
    Options
    Thank you @Emma_hepplewhite ! That fits the criteria too!
    I'm looking for more "easy to cook" for one though. Judging by Ministry of Food, Jamie likes LOTS of ingredients that I usually don't have lol
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There is an app, "Fit Men Cook" which is amazing:-). He also has a website and an Instagram page. In addition, Allrecipes.com has fabulous recipes.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I second the Jamie Oliver book recommendation - it's really got a lot of tasty lunch and dinner options, all under 600 cals and often under 500 cals as well.

Also - even though the title really annoys me - the book "Clean Slate" from Martha Stewart has some reaally tasty and good, low-cal, recipes in it. The recipes are also broken down to amount of calories and macros. Recipes are a little easier than Jamie Oliver ones - though my fiancee has managed to cook some pretty great stuff from the Jamie Oliver book and he is not a good cook... you do have to have a fairly well stocked pantry for spices etc.

Third one - really most easy recipes but again, annoying title _ Clean and Lean from James Duiggan or Duggan... Has some good options in there, but does not provide nutritional info. Seems to be focused on high protein and low fat.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    the hairy dieters books are quite good, have made some nice things out of those (must dig them out again actually) i tend to use magazines more than books, yes they cost more but you get new recipes every month so no stagnation. my old favourite is healthy food guide (they actually have a load of recipes online but its not the easiest to navigate, their new lealand one is much easier) and i've become a fan of the "free from heaven" magazine which is out every couple of months, the month its not out its "gluten free heaven", the free from heaven mag has some gorgeous recipes and is well worth a look at
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    My two current favorites:
    Takeaway favourites, without the calories by Justine Pattison, get all your take away food with low calories, plenty of recipis under 400 calories, and tasty too!

Itsu the cookbook, all recipes are under 300 cals per portion and have all the lush itsu food that takes under 30mins to make

Each recipe in both books states the calories per portion, I have personally tried a number of the recipes and can vouch for the yumminess.
  • lacost
    lacost Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like a book called Thug Kitchen.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Internet - just google "healthy and easy recipes"
  • Natwd
    Natwd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cooks illustrated The Best 30 Minute Recipes
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    the hairy dieters books are quite good, have made some nice things out of those (must dig them out again actually) i tend to use magazines more than books, yes they cost more but you get new recipes every month so no stagnation.

Yes and yes! Love the hairy bikers and nearly all my favourite recipes are from them, or a magazine. Women's Health, in particular, has some yummy recipes every month.

I got Loraine Pascale's new book for Christmas, 'Eating well made easy' and some of those recipes look great. I also have the 'Lean in 15' book, which arrived yesterday, and those recipes look fantastic too. I haven't tried anything from either book yet as I'm still home with the family, but know they look yum and I'm dying to get back to my kitchen and try them!

• andyluvv
    Options
    the hairy dieters books are quite good, have made some nice things out of those (must dig them out again actually) i tend to use magazines more than books, yes they cost more but you get new recipes every month so no stagnation.

Yes and yes! Love the hairy bikers and nearly all my favourite recipes are from them, or a magazine. Women's Health, in particular, has some yummy recipes every month.

I got Loraine Pascale's new book for Christmas, 'Eating well made easy' and some of those recipes look great. I also have the 'Lean in 15' book, which arrived yesterday, and those recipes look fantastic too. I haven't tried anything from either book yet as I'm still home with the family, but know they look yum and I'm dying to get back to my kitchen and try them!

The Martha Stewart one is super expensive, but I've seen some of the other ones and they seem good!
    I think I'll wait until my first two arrive...I have the BBC good food meals for one healthy meals...was trying to decide on something to cook but I got so frustrated with all the ingredients that I gave up on it! lol

If anyone knows of easy recipes with just a few ingredients I'm all about it!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    River Cafe Simple.