Fitness trackers.

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    malanvdw wrote: »
    After a really long time of researching, my partner generously got me a Fitbit Charge HR.

I was very disappointed.

First morning I wore it, I played with the dogs on the bed. Then I logged about 200 'steps'. Walked around the house casually for a bit and suddenly I'm up to 1200 (I'm talking about doing the dishes and a bathroom break). Are you kidding me?

Somebody on the Fitbit site suggest I view it as a motion tracker and not a step counter. I call BS on that. I expect to get what I pay for - which is a mostly accurate step counter, HR monitor, sleep tracker, calorie burner, etc.

For a device that is so expensive (and it's ludicrously priced here in South Africa due to our suffering currency), I expect a premium product. I don't want guesstimates and ifs and maybes. I think these wrist-based wearable devices need a good 2 more years where they're where I want them to be.

I returned mine, and by being a bit assertive and bossy and insistent, I got a full refund.

Ya, I wanted a wrist device too but after reading reviews on Amazon that mentioned inaccuracies like yours, as well as problems with the straps like breaking or allergic reactions, I went with the FitBit One.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I found that I couldn't stick with the wrist type trackers longer than 2 or 3 weeks and would constantly take them off during the day. I got the clip-on style Fitbit One last month and never take it off! It's perfect for my needs. I hope Fitbit comes out with another One just like it when this gets outdated.

This is me. Thats why I went with my vivofit in Dec 14. I don't have to take it off nor charge it and I haven't had to change the battery yet.