How much does water aid in weightloss?

Options
Can you measure it like for every pound you lose you lose a fifth of a pound more if youre drinking water regularly? Can it be measured?

Replies

• caffeinatedcami
    caffeinatedcami Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water won't make you lose more weight. Drink water when you feel thirsty. Drinking more than that is just personal preference.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Can you measure it like for every pound you lose you lose a fifth of a pound more if youre drinking water regularly? Can it be measured?

How much water you consume will have no impact on your long term weight loss. Stay hydrated though!
  • PhoebeJeebies
    PhoebeJeebies Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For some people (like myself), their bodies will mix up hunger and thirst signals. So I always err on the side of drinking lots of water to stay hydrated, so I don't get those "trick" hunger signals. So yes, water has aided in my weight loss.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

No.

The only issue is some people can confuse thirst with hunger.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    No you can't.

Don't confuse being hydrated with drinking water. Drink tea, diet soda, squash, anything you like as long as you are hydrated.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Drinking xx ounces of water daily is not a requirement for weight loss.

However, if you are currently drinking caloric beverages and can substitute calorie-free water, then drinking water can help you lose weight.

Cold water is just as refreshing (to me) as a sports drink.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm the kind of person that confuses thirst for hunger so not I drink a glass of water every time I think I'm hungry then I reevaluate my hunger in 30 minutes. 9 times out of every 10 I'm only thirsty.