Is this a good routine??

Options
I want to up my exercise quite a bit. Right now I am doing 3 days of boxing at Title Boxing Club. On days I am not there, I am walking at least 15 minutes. I can totally do more. I am going to start 30day shred tonight along with the 30 crunch, plank and squat challenge. I go to my boxing class either in the morning or at night, and I could very easily do the 30 day shred along with the 30day crunch, plank and squat challenge everyday.

Is this a bit much? I am beyond dedicated to losing weight and looking fit. I want my husband to eat his words when he called me fat and gross. I want him to choke on those words.

I am eating about 800-1000 calories a day. I think I am doing good that way.

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You should get on a starting strength program and lift weights. Heavy compound lifts are important for beginners: bench press, bent over rows, should press, squats, dead lifts, pull ups(assisted if needed).

Your husband should not be calling you fat and gross, that's messed up.

Also, sounds like you're not eating enough, nobody should be eating below 1200 calories. If you don't eat enough, you will induce thermogenic adaptaition, and your body will start burning fewer calories a day to adapt.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    One of the problems when you eat so little and work out so hard is that your body can only break down so much fat at any given time. When it can't get the energy it needs it will break down your muscle to get the fuel to keep doing the important stuff (like pumping blood through your heart). A lot of people feel great on 800 calories a day, until suddenly they don't. You may start to notice lethargy, reduced performance, hair loss, saggy skin, etc. And by then the damage is already being done. Please consider eating more. 1200 calories minimum, and preferably you'd be eating back some of your earned exercise calories on top of that.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Eating a bit more will help you reach your goals. What you are doing now is not sustainable. Think of this as a life change, not a short term fix.

Also, leave your husband. He's an *kitten*.