New Here - Trying Holistic / Organic Healthly Living

Options
Hello,

I've really gotten into holistic health and organic foods the past few months, though not always practicing - old habits die hard. I haved a sister who is a life-long holistic healer (and practicing manual physical therapist) who has taught me much over the years.

I subscribe to a few blogs on Facebook (holisticdad, magical???) and read and learn a lot. Trying to come up with recipes for healthy shakes (vegies and fruit) and meals.

Keeping track on this site helps!

Hate to exercise but am walking with a friend at work on our breaks. 20 mins/day is better than nothing. I have two herniated disks in my back that cause me a lot of pain in my back and legs. I have a difficult time standing longer than 5 mins or so and bending over is almost impossible without causing more pain. Frustrating. Have lived with it almost 2 years now. Long story.

Anyway, would love to share, inspire, be inspired and get to know the community here!

Thanks!!!

Edie (as in Edie Adams or Gormet or Brickell) :happy:

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Welcome, walking is a great exercise and very enjoyable to. The thing with exercise is finding something that you like because if you don't like it you don't be motivated to do it. You could always try a non weight bearing exercise such as swimming too take the strain of your back.