Aruba beach wedding in July ... Ima gonna need some help shifting 45lbs!

Options
ej5570
ej5570 Posts: 3 Member
Hi all! My schooldays crush and I found each other on FB a few years back & we're finally getting round to getting married in July 2016! Now that Christmas is all but over, I've logged in MFP once more & am determined to get from 13st 4 to 10st 4 or less by the end of May... Tall order? Probably, but then, I've given myself a little leeway in the month of June to knock off any stray lbs that hang about!
I NEED TO DO THIS GUYS! Please feel free to add me if you think you can help, or maybe you've set similar goals... There's NO WAY I want to be the pale white whale on the beach! <3 Em (UK)

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You can absolutely do this! I got married in November. I bought my dress in January then decided in March to get healthier. By August I had lost about 35 lbs. and ended up needing to buy a new dress because they couldn't alter the original dress. Keep that in mind when shopping. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ej5570
    ej5570 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! There's so much going on this year, I know it'll be tough to stay on track (I'm a vet nurse student with 2 years to go & also in the process of buying a house that needs complete renovation) I haven't even thought of dresses!! Holy Moly... So much to do. I'd love to get back down to a US 8.. (I'm in the UK now) and I'm trying to ignore the sizing labels over here! :)
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Seems like we have a lot in common. I started my weight loss while in nursing school and graduated as an RN in August. Also working full time and planning the wedding. Thankfully my hubby was very involved. It just takes some planning to help you get through the week but even with a crazy schedule you can make it work.
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You are on your way! I suggest studying the Step by Step Guide in this Getting Started forum. Once you run your numbers you'll have goals for daily calories. Assuming a target weight loss of 1.5 lbs per week, you'll need a deficit, through BMR and exercise, of about 750 calories a day.