Healthy New Years Eve Dinner for 2 Ideas?

Options
Going to cook dinner on Thursday for two. Looking for something yummy, with a lot of flavor, and that's healthy. But for a picky boyfriend who is a carnivore! I want to cook one meal that will make us both happy. Go…

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What's your definition of healthy? Low cal? That's a very subjective term so it's hard to give suggestions without some additional parameters (including budget) but off the top of my head I would recommend surf and turf like a petite filet for you and a larger one for your partner, paired with seared scallops or shrimp, and roasted asparagus.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What's your definition of healthy? Low cal? That's a very subjective term so it's hard to give suggestions without some additional parameters (including budget) but off the top of my head I would recommend surf and turf like a petite filet for you and a larger one for your partner, paired with seared scallops or shrimp, and roasted asparagus.

This. I would consider anything that fits into my macro/calorie goal to be healthy. It could be anything from a steak with a side of veg and potato, to a small serving of pasta with sausage.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Why not either cook what you love or cook what you love with some lower calorie substitutions?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    This roast lamb recipe we did for Christmas Eve
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/3519/roast+lamb+with+apricot+stuffing

It was wonderful. We did brown butter roast baby potatoes with it and bacon and orange zest Brussel sprouts. However the lamb is so tasty you could do very simple veg as an accompniment and be well sated.

Cheers, h.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/brown-butter-new-potatoes
  • pilisangar
    pilisangar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I suggest turkey breast and vegetables :)
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for delicious but healthy recipe I would suggest chicken cacciatore. It is full of flavour and if you want a more serious meat you can always swap chicken for pork or beef, it still tastes yummy just needs to cook a bit longer. I have recipe on my blog here on myfitnesspal if you're interested. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GsKiki/view/light-chicken-cacciatore-784591
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Seared salmon w/ asparagus and maybe a little side salad(: you can't go wrong really wish fish and vegetables. If you mean healthy by being low calorie or nutritionally dense, I'd stick to lean cuts of beef, turkey, pork, or a fatty fish such as salmon or sea bass. Maybe a side of roasted veggies or maybe some baked sweet potato fries?(: or even a brown rice vegetable stir fry with a protein added on top.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Seared salmon w/ asparagus? I'm there. Maybe some garliky small red potatoes on the side?
    Always buy wild caught. Farmed raised always, but always tastes nasty. Avoid China processing of fish. Costco has some nice fish at a good price.