Small NSV - No Bingeing!

Options
darlingnoire
darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
Here's my small NSV for today. I struggle a lot with binge eating and a lot of the time I'll do great for a day or two and then go right back into my old habits which ultimately sabotages the previous hard work. I'm happy to say that it's been four days of being good and that's with having my lo-cal desserts and eating it too! My will power is starting to get stronger everyday!

Always looking for people to help cheer on, or to cheer me on. Please add me. )

Replies

• ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I struggle with that too...I will go a day being good and then go back to eating everything in sight.
  • darlingnoire
    Options
    Way to go!! I struggle with that too...I will go a day being good and then go back to eating everything in sight.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Last night I fought off fish and chips with an ice cream dessert. Saying no felt soooo good. :)
  • mercysdawns
    mercysdawns Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is soo good. I totally understand what you are talking about. Especially when I smell my co-worker's lunch, I end up going for fast food instead of my packed lunch. Keep up the good work.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the Beck Diet book. All about psychology of dieting. It may help you.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's not a small NSV - thats fab = well done you :smile:
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It is a wonderful NSV. Bravo!!
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    omg ... i know how hard it is to get 4 days. i am the SAME way. you have no idea how strong and incredible you are :) I'm on day 3...... fingers crossed i dont eff up between now and tomorrow. I'm going to friend requst you
  • darlingnoire
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. :flowerforyou: I feel like I'm really doing it this time!! Binge eaters unite!
  • getrealforme
    Options
    I struggle also. I'll do fine for a couple days, then binge. I'm really trying to stay away from carbs. They are my trigger.
  • ForMyAngelBaby
    ForMyAngelBaby Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater and I eat when I'm bored - I am totally a binge eater and what you have done is hardly a small NSV - it's HUGE! WAY TO GO!!!
  • hollyclausen
    hollyclausen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a binger too...I try to keep foods I might binge on out of my house. That said, if I am in that mode, I will binge on boring stuff...although it's less likely. I stopped trusting my willpower some time ago...it only usually lasts a day or two.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    definitely not a small NSV keep it up!!
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    Great feat for you, it truly takes some willpower.

I had a little binge problem myself always was denying it but eventually I admitted to it to another person and felt so much better. After discovering why it was occurring (boredom) then I found out what works for me, never stay bored. Always do something away from kitchen/pantry area to avoid eating beyond sickness.

Now I live by three simple rules when I want to eat anything bad for me:

1. Am I really hungry or bored?
    2. Am I really hungry or thirsty?
    3. Am I really hungry for this item or can be satisfied with something healthier.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Here's my small NSV for today. I struggle a lot with binge eating and a lot of the time I'll do great for a day or two and then go right back into my old habits which ultimately sabotages the previous hard work. I'm happy to say that it's been four days of being good and that's with having my lo-cal desserts and eating it too! My will power is starting to get stronger everyday!

Always looking for people to help cheer on, or to cheer me on. Please add me. )

Woohoo! Well done :) I also struggle with binge eating so I know how hard it can be. I'm glad for you, keep it up!

xx
    Ginny, 25
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!