Advice?

Options
Ugh. I have definitely slipped back into old habits. The more I eat, the more I crave. I haven't exercised since the week before Christmas. I have to turn this around before I gain more than the three pounds I've already gained back.

It doesn't help that I have two weeks off for Christmas. It has totally thrown off my routine. Has anyone had this problem and overcome it?

Replies

• lisan1209
    lisan1209 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try your best to get back into your normal routine, log what you eat, get to the gym (maybe for longer since you have extra time) and either cut way back or just throwaway the treats. The first bit will be tough since your body is craving junk but hang in there! Keep yourself busy!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm also off work for a couple weeks, and I've let the lack of routine completely throw off my eating habits. Honestly my strategy right now is just to ride it out until the first and then get back to it. It feels cliche, but I'm not taking on a new resolution, just giving myself a little more time before I really focus again. I'd honestly wait until the fourth, my first day back to work, but the hubby wants to get serious with his food starting on the first. I've continued exercising through the break though. I know it can feel pointless to exercise when you're eating poorly, but it's still so important. Maybe you can get yourself out for a walk or some other relatively light activity just to get yourself started again. Anything is better than nothing!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I got back in the groove by getting back into my morning exercise routine. Then getting the eating and logging back where I wanted it was much easier.
  • lapetiteguimauve
    lapetiteguimauve Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Write down your suggested daily calorie allowance or macros on a post it and place it in front of you on a wall or on your computer or desk. Log each and every thing that you eat and drink. Once you're a little over your limit, try to cut back and end the day with a light dinner. Go for a walk or a short run. Don't be hard on yourself and try to ease back into your routine.