I thought you were on a diet

Options
2»

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    If anyone I knew said that to me, I'd very quickly 'unknow them'.
    Harsh? Probably. But I think commenting on other people's food choices is very bad taste (unless reaching out for advice on a forum such as this!). I would CERTAINLY not comment on what someone else is eating. It's uncomfortable, unnecessary and rude.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    At work people did this constantly for a few months after I dropped the weight. But now at about 7 months maintaining they seem to have gotten the picture that I can eat what I wish in moderation and nothing is 'against my diet'.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I find it funny that my coworker who has 250lbs+ to lose is the only one who says that to me. Every time he does I remind him that I'm trying to gain weight :tongue:
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    My mom made a comment like that Christmas Eve when she and my dad took us all out to dinner. I had a ton of fried mushrooms, a Caesar salad, a HUGE baked potato with all of the trimmings, and some grilled chicken and asparagus. Later that evening I split a desert with my hubby and had a couple of beers. My mom said something like "I guess we're a bad influence on you, making you eat all that bad food."

I asked her what was so bad about food, then I realized she wasn't being snarky, she was being sincere. She really had no idea that a person could eat like that and lose weight. I showed her a couple of days of my food diary, and she was amazed that I ate stuff like fully loaded baked potatoes, pizza, and chocolate all the time and still managed to drop 40 pounds in 6 months. I guess she thought I'd been surviving off of lettuce and celery or something.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »

Maybe if people are saying that to you, you've invited it. Don't be surprised when people take more of an interest than you'd like when you've provided more information than they wanted.

see, i disagree with this. they notice you are losing weight, (especially if you have lost a significant amount) they say you look great or whatever. you say, thanks. they assume you are on a diet. then they are curious when they notice you eating, and for some reason some of them assume it is their business.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Ah, the Diet Police ....