After baby body

Options
I delivered my little one 7 weeks ago. My midwife said I can still not do sit-ups or any other rigorous exercise. She suggests walking. Being full swing in winter, snow and cold Temps..I am not about to bundle my newborn and walk an hour a day.

I hace a slim body type, but I cannot seem to get rid of this baby pouch. Suggestions on exercises to help?

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Why did she say no rigorous exercise? I've had 4 babies and usually by 6 weeks they will give you the OK for exercise. I usually start slow with low-impact cardio exercise and then work my way up to more intense work-outs. I love fitness blender, free on youtube. They have low-intensity options and more advanced work-outs. And I would suggest using heavier weights to work on the baby pouch.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Just let your body recover, too many people underestimate the trauma pregnancy has on our bodies. Give it 3 months and enjoy time with your baby for now.
  • wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    /\ what they said
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Give it time. Baby comes first. Walk in the malls in the mornings.
  • angelahlangseth
    angelahlangseth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lol, small town here...no malls
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just let your body recover, too many people underestimate the trauma pregnancy has on our bodies. Give it 3 months and enjoy time with your baby for now.

This
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    7 Weeks pp! OP it really isn't realistic to think you can get rid of the baby pooch at this time. Listen to your midwife, there must be a reason why she said your body isn't ready for certain exercises, if she didn't tell you why then call and ask her. If you don't have a mall to walk around in, walk around at home. Do a youtube search for Leslie Sansone's walking videos.