Green Garcinia Pro

Options
Hey

My best friend is also trying to lose weight and she found this website online to buy green garcinia pro (like pills that help you lose weight). I'm a little worried this may be a scam or that she'll just waste money on something that won't give her the results she's hoping for. I've never been one to take pills. I think fitness and good nutrition has worked for me thus far but i know different people have different ways to get results. I just want to know if anyone else has ever encountered this pill, if its safe for her to use and if it even works. I obviously can't make decisions for her but I can at least inform her of what others have experienced.

Thank you

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work. Sorry, but many people look for "magic" pills to erase their issue with eating discipline.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MTCBVBC20CAM
    MTCBVBC20CAM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah i know. That's what i told her but since she doesn't seem to care about the whole "fitness and nutrition are better than pills because you build lifelong habits that allow you to stay healthy", I figured i'd ask about the pill and see if anyone has tried it and what they found. I just want her to be informed. I've already given her my opinion. Perhaps others' experience will do more.
  • MTCBVBC20CAM
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Personally, i've lost 30lbs just exercising and eating better and that has worked just fine for me. To each their own I guess.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yeah i know. That's what i told her but since she doesn't seem to care about the whole "fitness and nutrition are better than pills because you build lifelong habits that allow you to stay healthy", I figured i'd ask about the pill and see if anyone has tried it and what they found. I just want her to be informed. I've already given her my opinion. Perhaps others' experience will do more.

Everything you want to know about garcinia cambogia from a reliable scientific site, along with plenty of studies quoted to back it up: examine.com/supplements/Garcinia+cambogia/

Long story short: It's a scam and doesn't work.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Show her this place. Counting calories is amazing for weight loss. If pills worked, no one would be overweight.
    *And.... this is free.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Even assuming it's garcinia cambogia in those caplets (a few recent studies have found that mislabeling is rampant among herbal suppelements), it won't do anything.

Seriously, the odds of it being something else that could be actually harmful probably outweighs whatever placebo effect that could be derived.
  • MTCBVBC20CAM
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thank you. I will show her the website and warn her. Hopefully she'll just take the harder way (yet proven to be both healthy and to work) by just watching what she eats and working out. You've all been very helpful.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid consuming unknown substances, especially those compounded in a processing plant. Several studies have indicated that many of the supplements people buy are adulterated by quite a few substances that aren't listed on the label. Much better to eat some plants and count calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid consuming unknown substances, especially those compounded in a processing plant. Several studies have indicated that many of the supplements people buy are adulterated by quite a few substances that aren't listed on the label. Much better to eat some plants and count calories.
    So true. With the majority of supplements being manufactured by a 3rd party, a lot of the raw materials used are from countries that DON'T check for purity. Hence many supplements have contaminants that aren't on the label. DSHEA does a poor job of regulation due to the fact that it costs extra money to do so. And in the supplement business, anything can be exaggerated about a product as long as it still has the waiver: "Not intended to treat, cure, blah, blah, blah."

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png