New Years Resolutions?

Options
2»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My NY resolution is to refuse attempts to get me to engage in conversations through the bathroom door unless the speaker is bleeding or on fire. (Many parents will understand this goal.) Even then I might just say "stop bothering me and go call 911."

Last year I made the same resolution and broke it by noon.
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    The goals for 2016 are:

Weight Loss
    61kg by Apr 1, probably 59-60kg by May 31st

Nutrition
    Average less than 1 soda per week for 2016
    Less than 5% calories from junk food for 2016
    Up protein intake slightly to ensure 1.5 g/kg of body weight/day

I think those two goals about take care of it for me. If I eat clean, my diet is good. I get lots of fruits/vegatables, and if I am to succeed in that 5% calories goal I can't afford to do any binge or mindless eating.

Performance Goals
    1' Power - 600w, 10 w/kg
    5' Power - 410w, 6.8 w/kg
    20' Power - 340w, 5.7w/kg
    60' Power - 315w, 5.25 w/kg

Top 3 on this segment: strava.com/segments/3573422 and strong race results (podiums or better on the HCs and hillier RRs)
  • Nery_Tay
    Nery_Tay Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Top 5 2015 memories -
    1. Finish my First Marathon
    2. Finish my first Half marathon
    3. Was able to lost 4lbs
    4.Reduce my amount of sugary beverages
    2016:
    -Eat cleaner
    -lose at least 10lbs
    =Finish my second Marathon
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Really interesting to see every one's different memories and goals.

2015 was a huge year for me and in all honesty I'm hoping 2016 is a bit more relaxed. My memories from this year are
    1)Having my second baby boy Thomas in May
    2)The recovery from a horrible pregnancy with Thomas (including facial paralysis, a csection and losing 20 odd pounds)
    3)Being the stay at home (kind of) mum I always wanted to be (due to 4)
    4) Being told me job no longer exists when I'm 28 weeks pregnant and then being redeployed
    5) Facing up to my messed up attitude towards food, dieting and binge eating. Finally taking the steps I need to deal with this.

In 2016 I want to continue to work on the progress I've already made with my binge eating.
    1) Log my calories every day with out judgement
    2) Eat c2000 calories a day and once I'm comfortable with this work down to c1800
    3) Walk an average 10k steps a day
    4) Accept wherever 2 and 3 bring me at the end of the year
    5) Slow down with everything in general, just enjoy life for what it is day to day instead of rushing around like an idiot all the time

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great idea for a thread!
    Good luck everyone!

My best of 2015:

1. Watching my kids mature into wonderful young adults
    2. Finding MFP! ... and feeling that it will actually help me achieve my goals!
    3. Continuing to explore Europe with my husband.

My Resolutions for 2016.

1. Log into MFP everyday and achieve my GW before I turn 50!
    2. Start yoga.
    3. Drink champagne.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    A couple of years ago, a friend introduced me to the "One Word" idea. Instead of a list of resolutions, you pick one word that should shape your life in the coming year. This year's word for me is "brave." I bought a little silver bracelet from Etsy to help remind me. :blush:

I like this a lot :) It'd be the same word for me, this year, too :) 2015 was about acceptance.

This year, in terms of MFP type concerns, I'll focus on nailing doing things the slow and gentle way - long, easy walking, without giving myself an overuse injury if poss, and greater precision with diet. Finding ways to make walking more interesting that don't rely on Spotify, like checking out more of the city. Might try to do some tai chi. Freeing myself from my last bad habits.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Lost and kept off 30lbs despite severe depression and my husband leaving me.

Reach 125lbs by May 1st.
    Get rid of my flag wavers
    Facelift and new boobs
  • hls1nger91
    hls1nger91 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Top memories:
    - Meeting my baby niece born in March
    - Starting to put on muscle after losing about 30lbs of fat
    - Getting a new job that utilizes my university degree

Goals/resolutions:
    - Keep building up my strength and mobility/flexibility
    - Practice more self care activities (aka taking more time for myself to do things I like, not feeling obligated to always say 'Yes' to other people)
    - Read at least 2 books a month...I keep buying books but never making the time to read them (only read 4 books last year)
    - Make more of an effort to meal plan/meal prep
    - Stick to my gym split
  • oceancruizer
    oceancruizer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Top Memories:
    -Lost about 10 pounds
    -ran two 5ks
    -joined a gym
    -got a doggie
    -did some fun family activities

Top goals for 2016:
    -Lose 40 pounds
    -Use my new FitBit to walk 10,000 steps a day (5/7 days weekly)
    -Get off the computer/internet (i.e. stop wasting time online)
    -Follow WW plan and track eating
    -Be more positive in my relationships
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    2015 memories:
    1. Starting back into riding horses regularly. And am loving it.
    2. Completed MuckFest when it was only 40 degrees out and overcast.
    3. Started couch25k with my husband, quit though and don't want to do that again.
    4. We had a great family year -- starting playing a lot more board games with the kids, did a lot as a family, took some amazing vacations.
    5. Went to Vegas to see my brother get married. It was my first time in Vegas.

2016 goals:

1. Cut back on time spent on social media. Put the phone away for evenings at home.
    2. Read more books.
    3. Move more! Each day at least 30 minutes!
    4. Get to size 6.
    5. Hike 14er.
    6. Cultivate common interests with with my husband
    7. Focus on the positive
    8. Focus on God. Go to church, become active in the church, pray daily
  • cessi0909
    Options
    Dreysander wrote: »
    My resolution from 2015 was to lose "the weight". I lost 100 pounds and am now in the healthy weight range so I did it :)

For 2016 my resolution is to maintain. I also want to become stronger and increase my flexibility.

I've also resolved to stop letting my kids watch garbage on television. We just cancelled DirecTV so well on our way toward that.

First congratulations and big high five on your weight loss! That is awesome!

Second, I think you will be amazed at how quickly you won't miss having DTV. We went dish/cable free about 5 years ago and do have Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime but our TV watching decreased by more than I thought it would. Me and my husband will watch one show at a time, when we had cable I swear we were following 10+ shows.
  • cessi0909
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    My NY resolution is to refuse attempts to get me to engage in conversations through the bathroom door unless the speaker is bleeding or on fire. (Many parents will understand this goal.) Even then I might just say "stop bothering me and go call 911."

Last year I made the same resolution and broke it by noon.

Man, that's a good one and I should add it to my list! Also a parent!