25lb down, same size jeans

Options
2»

Replies

• jnunez1963
    jnunez1963 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Truth be told, we often wear our pants long after we should have sized up, and so they tend to stretch out. Are you trying on an old pair of these same size pants? Chances are, you just weren't wearing the right size before you lost!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Are you in the plus sizes? I am, and there is a ton of variance and inches between sizes and brands. It gets better as you lose more. Even if you're not in plus sizes, we don't always shed fat uniformly.

I think the only valid comparison of sizes would be the same model of the same brand made in the same factory ;)

Even then there may be a difference. I've had salespeople tell me to grab several pairs in the same size because there may be a difference in how they fit.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I am down 40. I can wear same jeans except I definitely need a belt and i made new holes. I look at it as a blessing. More money in pocket
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Are you in the plus sizes? I am, and there is a ton of variance and inches between sizes and brands. It gets better as you lose more. Even if you're not in plus sizes, we don't always shed fat uniformly.

I think the only valid comparison of sizes would be the same model of the same brand made in the same factory ;)

we can dream..... lolol

I worked in the women's fashion industry for 4 years. There is absolutely no standards In sizing, it is completely arbitrary based on what the designer wants it to be. Even the same brand and style of pants can fit differently in different sizes.

There is a terrible thing called "vanity sizing" designed to sell women clothing by making them feel like they really are the same size as they used to be. How many times have you heard "I'm still the same size I was in high school" and thought.... Yeah right!! Well brands know that women especially hate to admit they have expanded their waistlines over the years, so that size 6 you wear now is really a size 14 when compared to your old clothing.

Men largely don't have this issue because their sizing system was accurate so the military could properly fit uniforms to their troops. However even men's sizing is starting to "creep".
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    BuddhaB0y wrote: »

we can dream..... lolol

I worked in the women's fashion industry for 4 years. There is absolutely no standards In sizing, it is completely arbitrary based on what the designer wants it to be. Even the same brand and style of pants can fit differently in different sizes.

There is a terrible thing called "vanity sizing" designed to sell women clothing by making them feel like they really are the same size as they used to be. How many times have you heard "I'm still the same size I was in high school" and thought.... Yeah right!! Well brands know that women especially hate to admit they have expanded their waistlines over the years, so that size 6 you wear now is really a size 14 when compared to your old clothing.

Men largely don't have this issue because their sizing system was accurate so the military could properly fit uniforms to their troops. However even men's sizing is starting to "creep".

I would claim womens sizes are vanity sizing to begin with. Come on size 6 are you serious? Mens sizes are at least based on actual dimensions. Just take a tape measure wrap it around where your waist is and then measure to the floor from your groin. It's messed up how they are ruining that too. Why can't we live in a world where i can just measure go on amazon and buy 10 pairs in the size i measured for? Instead I have jeans ranging 3 sizes that all fit differently.
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    BuddhaB0y wrote: »

we can dream..... lolol

I would claim womens sizes are vanity sizing to begin with. Come on size 6 are you serious? Mens sizes are at least based on actual dimensions. Just take a tape measure wrap it around where your waist is and then measure to the floor from your groin. It's messed up how they are ruining that too. Why can't we live in a world where i can just measure go on amazon and buy 10 pairs in the size i measured for? Instead I have jeans ranging 3 sizes that all fit differently.

People like lying to themselves.... They don't want to admit they are fat and do something about it. I never thought it really mattered to women what size was on the tag, just that it fit well and flattered their body type. Boy was I wrong, women will stuff themselves into clothing not meant to restrain such forces just so they can fool themselves into believing they are still a size 6.
  • bmwny1
    bmwny1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lost almost 20 I thought I would be down a size but I'm not. My clothes fit a lot better though I guess I was busting out before and didn't realize it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    one of my biggest bug bears is "size 0", what is that, size nothing??
    The only sizes that come in zero here in Australia are baby clothes...
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    one of my biggest bug bears is "size 0", what is that, size nothing??
    The only sizes that come in zero here in Australia are baby clothes...

Love this! Lol! But I agree on the size 0.