Looking better on the way down?

Options
We traveled home for Christmas this year, and I saw some people I hadn't seen in years. They were universally floored by my 40 pound weight loss. I knew I was looking a lot slimmer, but the reactions I got were more exaggerated than I had expected.

I went back and looked at some photos of myself the last time I was this weight, which was almost a decade ago, and I was shocked at how much better I look now than I did then. I actually look YOUNGER than I did back then, and my shape is much better too.

Maybe it's because I'm losing mostly fat and toning muscle, or maybe it's just a total change in perspective, but I just seem to look so much better now, especially in the face.

Has anyone else thought they looked better on the way down the scale than they did on the way up?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    thats kind of the point, isn't it?

we dont notice as we gain weight (and most people wont comment on it if they notice) but the way down is much nicer ;)
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can understand how people would comment on weight loss but not so much weight gain, but looking at two photos of me at about the same weight, I just look a lot healthier now (on my way down) than I did then (on my way up).
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I'm just perturbed no one told me i looked like a fat cow while i was gaining weight.

LOLOLOL