Just Started Using Again

Hi, my name is Glenda and I started MFP in 2013 but dropped off for a couple years. Today my new Dr placed me on a special diet so I need to keep track again. Any help would be appreciated. It is a Gluten, Soy and Non Dairy program and I need to know where to start finding recipes. I have my list of foods but need to know how to make meals for my family. Hope I can get some help in this area.
Glenda E

Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Have you tried pintrist? It's weird to understand at first but it would be a good place to look! Best of luck on your journey!
  • glendaengquist
    glendaengquist Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you. I will try that. Never thought of that before.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Add me if u like
  • salatka
    salatka Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2015
    http://www.pinterest.com might help (as someone mentioned previously) with inspiration and some ideas, but I think the majority is just getting through the learning curve. It seems more intimidating than it is. Once you start preparing meals, you'll have an idea of what's ok and what to avoid very quickly.

I'd say in the beginning keep things simple. Go through your cupboards and look at everything you have. Look for soy, things that contain gluten (a good start is this list on the American Diabetes Association: http://bit.ly/1ICA9YK) and dairy.

But to be honest, if you cook things from scratch, you will have full control over what goes in the meal. Cook a stew with no added flour, just good old onions, potatoes, meat, some vegetables. Cook lentil soup or tomato soup. Make a salad with a delicious vinaigrette, make a potato salad, etc. Learn how to replace bread with filling complex gluten-free starches: potatoes, rice, etc. But to be honest, for those bread cravings, there are also gluten-free breads at the store, so there's that.

• serenaconnally
    serenaconnally Posts: 1 Member
    I am also back on the tracking program after a long break and am gluten-free for health reasons. Gluten-free carbs are very high in calories and I am a carboholic. Pinterest is a great place for recipes and other information. Allrecipes.com also has a great variety of gluten-free recipes along with suggestions from those who have tried them.
    I'm in need on encouragement and motivation to continue tracking calories. I have been most successful in losing weight when I track.
    Wishing you all a successful and happy new year.