Failed a Exam today Depressed want to binge eat need support

Options
2»

Replies

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    The beep test - do you mean shuttle run? If yes, there are easy traiing programmes available. Mark your time, train, do it again and nail it. Channel your energy into making a difference and don't wallow in feeling sorry. Hope this helps.

It does thank you
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    OK. I say time to reassess. Do you really, really want this? Are you ready to suffer for it and maybe not pass again, and have to do it over? If the answer is "yes", then you know what you have to do--get to it. If you're unsure look into other possibilities. I wish you luck whatever you decide.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You have to go back if you want to make it.. It sounds like you posted here because you do indeed want this and want to go back..

I am lost on the part about the bullying you mentioned when you were younger. I presume that you are in enough shape to pass all the requirements, and the past bullying is nothing of the present or holding you back in some way???

Look at it this way, you already know what the testing requirements are now and you have 6 months to blow all the other candidates under the water...

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I agree, take today to feel lousy about it and then put that disappointment into determination tomorrow, get out there and train your backside off ready to smash it next time!

"Fall down eight times, get up nine times" (Chinese Proverb)

I was supposed to go to the gym and go boxing. I just laid in bed thinking of today it really got me upset,I really wanted this, I prepared but the fitness test let me down.

You'll recover from the disappointment. But remember if you're going to pass it next time, eating sandwiches and sitting in bed won't get you there. Make a plan :)
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    I agree, take today to feel lousy about it and then put that disappointment into determination tomorrow, get out there and train your backside off ready to smash it next time!

"Fall down eight times, get up nine times" (Chinese Proverb)

I was supposed to go to the gym and go boxing. I just laid in bed thinking of today it really got me upset,I really wanted this, I prepared but the fitness test let me down.

You'll recover from the disappointment. But remember if you're going to pass it next time, eating sandwiches and sitting in bed won't get you there. Make a plan :)

I have 6 months I have been running sbf preparing myself
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's good that you want to comfort yourself when you feel disappointed but maybe remember that healthy food is more comforting than other food. What about some porridge with a few nuts and fruit or a delicious healthy lunch? Then you are really caring for yourself. And can you go for a walk in a park? Green is a wonderfully soothing color and the fresh air is a feel good experience. You are a determined person who wants a job where you will make a real difference so you deserve good quality comfort food and genuinely soothing activities. Treat yourself to good health. You deserve it and it will feel SO good.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    It's good that you want to comfort yourself when you feel disappointed but maybe remember that healthy food is more comforting than other food. What about some porridge with a few nuts and fruit or a delicious healthy lunch? Then you are really caring for yourself. And can you go for a walk in a park? Green is a wonderfully soothing color and the fresh air is a feel good experience. You are a determined person who wants a job where you will make a real difference so you deserve good quality comfort food and genuinely soothing activities. Treat yourself to good health. You deserve it and it will feel SO good.

You are right friend thank you for your kind words
  • SaraAhmad117
    SaraAhmad117 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I make this mistake all the time- thinking that I should comfort myself with food when I am disappointed or want to relax. I actually just made a 6 month goal for myself and started walking every night. Well, the other night I got hit with some stressful work-related stuff right before I was going to go out for my walk. I almost skipped it, but forced myself outside, and after 30 minutes I was feeling much more calm and refreshed. When I sit on the couch with a pizza and don't move all day, I always feel much worse when I wake up the next morning and ask myself why did I think that would make me feel good?

I know it really sucks that you didn't get the job now, but six months goes by so fast. Its the perfect amount of time to meet some serious fitness goals. Don't be mad at yourself or use this as an excuse to be lazy for a night. Spend time making a plan and get started right away. Imagine all the things you can do in six months! And who knows what tomorrow brings? By then, an even better job opportunity could come your way, but it won't find you if you're at home feeding your emotions with food.