Protein Powder NON SHAKE Recipes

Options
abnerner
abnerner Posts: 452 Member
Anyone have any good recipes that use protein powder that aren't shakes? Trying to get more protein and less carbs in my diet! Post em below!

Replies

• dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I add mine to greek yogurt
    Chocolate tastes like chocolate pudding
    Vanilla is good for a fruit dip
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm curious for some new ideas also!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    add to morning oatmeal
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I mix chocolate protein powder in with oatmeal in the morning. I also add it to pancakes, muffins, etc when I bake. I take unflavoured protein powder and mix it in with pasta sauces, a little with stir fry sauces, etc. Now and again I will make an apple crisp and mix in chocolate protein powder in with the oatmeal topping instead of as much brown sugar. Today I made vegan "chicken" nuggets and meatballs and mixed unflavoured protein powder in with the mixes just to up the protein a bit. I also mix some protein powder in with my coffee some mornings.

One thing I love especially now that it's summer is making my own popsicles with it. I blend chocolate protein powder with almond or soy milk and than freeze in popsicle molds. A great "treat" that is healthy for you. You could also use vanilla flavoured, strawberry, etc.
  • RockingThis
    Options
    I just mix mine with water and drink.. I get 16g for 140 calories. I use body fortess brand in starwberry, it taste pretty good.
  • crippledvirgin
    Options
    Carbs have the best recipes. Make shakes with a lot of ice and water to feel like you're getting more. Or you could add diet soda+whey+egg whites+ peanut butter and just mix and microwave that. That's the only high volume low calorie recipe I can think of that doesn't really have carbs.
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    This isn't the best idea for a low carbohydrate recipe, but it's pretty good.
    Low fat waffles:
    1/2C all purpose flour
    1/4C whole wheat flour
    1/4C corn starch
    2tbs soy protein powder
    1tsp baking soda
    1tsp salt
    2tbs honey
    1 egg
    1/3C extra light olive oil
    1C fat free half & half
    1tsp vanilla extract
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    subscribing
  • JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    To what?
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese, a scoop of protein powder, 50 grams of blueberries, and 100 grams of strawberries. Delicious!